Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wish there was a spreadsheet of the TMC folks who are left. It is getting quieter in the Sept thread and tons of OCT VINS is seems.
This Sept. thread is getting quiet because many of us with Sept. orders have now actually taken delivery of our new MYs (just got my MY-LR last week). I suspect June will be a big month for delivery of Oct. orders.

just took delivery yesterday of MYLR white/white. I didn't find any significant misaligned panels or gaps on the exterior. I honestly haven't done a thorough look inside, but nothing glaringly obvious after sitting in the car for probably 1-2 hours.
The interior trim panels that I find misaligned are on the inside of the pillars just behind the rear doors and are best seen when you fold down the rear seat back (i.e., trim facing the ends of the seat back). I biggest issue I have with this offset between the upper and lower trim panels is I have purchased a roller shade type rear cargo cover and the bracket the roller assembly goes into needs to overlap the upper and lower trim panels and is attached with double sided tape. With the offset between the upper and lower panels I might not be able to get a secure attachment for that bracket. In any case Tesla service center has ordered replacement panels, but they say this is a fairly common issue with the misalignment of these trim panels. BTY I had no issues with the alignment of the exterior doors, frunk, hatch and panels. The only exterior thing I found was a couple of very small paint chips and my local Tesla SC touched those up already.

The interior trim panels that I find misaligned are on the inside of the pillars just behind the rear doors and are best seen when you fold down the rear seat back (i.e., trim facing the ends of the seat back). I biggest issue I have with this offset between the upper and lower trim panels is I have purchased a roller shade type rear cargo cover and the bracket the roller assembly goes into needs to overlap the upper and lower trim panels and is attached with double sided tape. With the offset between the upper and lower panels I might not be able to get a secure attachment for that bracket. In any case Tesla service center has ordered replacement panels, but they say this is a fairly common issue with the misalignment of these trim panels. BTY I had no issues with the alignment of the exterior doors, frunk, hatch and panels. The only exterior thing I found was a couple of very small paint chips and my local Tesla SC touched those up already.
Good to know. I will have to take a look tonight after my wife drives the car home.

I was pleasantly surprised by the fact that all the panels and etc were well aligned. I feel like fremont factory has really turned a corner with regards to build quality/consistency. There is still work to be done regarding interior sound and shocks/dampening, though. The interior noise is noticeably louder than our 2020 subaru outback, ride quality is also much harsher. And the subaru, despite have nappa leather, is DEF not a luxury car. with that said, though, the tech on the modely Y is amazing as is the powertrain, and I think tesla is lightyears ahead of others manufacturers on this front.

This Sept. thread is getting quiet because many of us with Sept. orders have now actually taken delivery of our new MYs (just got my MY-LR last week). I suspect June will be a big month for delivery of Oct. orders.
Hopefully they don't forget about us stragglers still waiting from September! My friend is picking his up tmrw with a OD of 10/27. I dont think he is a friend anymore! Lol

I order my Y (dual motor extended range) on September 15, 2021. Each quarter, the delivery date -initially at the end of fiscal 2021- has been pushed by another 3 months, from December 2021 to March 2022 to June 2022 to September 2022 to whatever. There is zero visibility on the queue of waiting orders, and everything is cloaked by Tesla fog of cars. In the same tune, the Solar department staid silent for 3 months, then sudently announced one day at 3PM that they would install my roof tomorrow starting at 7AM ! I had to scramble to fly back! What a way to run a business !

It just makes me so mad going to the December thread and seeing stuff like this ----
literally my exact same configuration.

OD: 12/12/21
MYLR, Blue, Black Interior, 5 Seats, 19" wheels, Tow Hitch, No FSD
EDD on OD July'23, 1/22=May14-June 11, 2/27=March 19-March 31, 3/4= 5/30-6/27, 4/7=6/15-7/27, 5/1= Nov 2022-Feb 2023 5/7=May 16-22 with VIN, 5/14 - DD 5/20, 5/17 DD 5/21

It just makes me so mad going to the December thread and seeing stuff like this ----
literally my exact same configuration.

OD: 12/12/21
MYLR, Blue, Black Interior, 5 Seats, 19" wheels, Tow Hitch, No FSD
EDD on OD July'23, 1/22=May14-June 11, 2/27=March 19-March 31, 3/4= 5/30-6/27, 4/7=6/15-7/27, 5/1= Nov 2022-Feb 2023 5/7=May 16-22 with VIN, 5/14 - DD 5/20, 5/17 DD 5/21
SOOOOOOOO MAD!!!

Well... it hasn't even been a month and I've already had my first test of the PPF when some kid plowed into my Y with his one wheel this morning :(:oops:...luckily the Y stopped on a dime and although he got a little bumped he was right up and apologizing for running into my "nice car". Looks like since it was the fender and there was PPF there it will likely be a quick wipe/buff and back on the road. Watching it on the dashcam be like 😮 GET PPF folks! Think some Fremont folks tried to curse this car, might need to get the priest to bless it ;)

i'm seeing this too often, and i don't even have a vin
i-87 North
IMG_1571.jpg