Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So got a VIN and started going through the app to show proof of delivery and payment. I want to finance so I am an idiot! yes i an and clicked PAY thinking I would possibly? have other options and click PAID. Not like I have that much money in my checking acct at the moment. BUT DANG I AM AN IDIOT!!
Congrats. Looks like your SA was correct about imminent VIN assignment after all, or may just be coincident.

• Love
Reactions: Arla72
So got a VIN and started going through the app to show proof of delivery and payment. I want to finance so I am an idiot! yes i an and clicked PAY thinking I would possibly? have other options and click PAID. Not like I have that much money in my checking acct at the moment. BUT DANG I AM AN IDIOT!!
Not 100% sure if what you actually did, but if you authorized Placid to deduct from your Checking, go to your Bank App and remove authorization for Placid right away. Then call Tesla and let them know you intended on Finance and switch it.

Not 100% sure if what you actually did, but if you authorized Placid to deduct from your Checking, go to your Bank App and remove authorization for Placid right away. Then call Tesla and let them know you intended on Finance and switch it.
That's what it appears I did. And of course I bank with BECU and no one seems to be open 24 hours anymore. Hope this doesn't screw up my delivery. I will be very sad!

That's what it appears I did. And of course I bank with BECU and no one seems to be open 24 hours anymore. Hope this doesn't screw up my delivery. I will be very sad!
Log into your banking app, go to the security page and you should have the Placid authorization there. For Bank of America, for example, it is in the Security Center | Shared Data section. You can revoke authorization there. If later, you need to use it for a down payment, you can just reauthorize it.

So I applied for financing and since it show I paid in full now I have to wait I guess for the full payment to come back declined since I told the bank to do so. I just dont understand why Tesla can't do something on their side to stop it. The SA said it might delay my delivery. What's another day or 2 right?

Wait, let's not overlook the fact that you got a VIN!!!! Congrats!!!!! I had a long expired pre-approval with my credit union (Tesla doesn't care if its third party and expires) and was able to finish it up in a day so you should be good. So happy for you man!

Wait, let's not overlook the fact that you got a VIN!!!! Congrats!!!!! I had a long expired pre-approval with my credit union (Tesla doesn't care if its third party and expires) and was able to finish it up in a day so you should be good. So happy for you man!
Thanks. I am sooo excited!! And Tesla takes the money fast, or in my case tried! Bank charged me 25.00 for NSF even though I told them. Whatever! Now just waiting for Tesla to realize and ask me for the remaining amount. ARIA172 was right 3.74% interest now. Still lower than most I guess. I'll get it paid off in 2 years anyways.

Reactions: Antonius138
Day 267 and I finally got a delivery date! PPF and window tinting the next morning!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220608-171350_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20220608-171350_Tesla.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 81
Latest snag, hopefully easy to resolve. Added the Y to my current insurance policy, multicar and renews 08/06. Tesla app doesn't like that because it's not 60+ days from delivery date. SA will try to override manually or I will have to call the insurance agent today.