Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Soooooo- Got scheduled for a pick up the 2nd week of Aug ...buuuut the dates they gave me i was going to be out of the country.. so i called tesla ....

The SA basically said pick it up during that time or they needed to remove my order from my account and i would i have to reorder!! Never heard of such a thing.. i kinda went apeshyt of the idea of waiting about 11 months having to reorder!

Unsympathetic - she said it was the system not them.. 🤦🏻‍♀️.. so i guess i have a friend picking up my tesla for me while im on vacation...

Anyone heard of this kind of thing? I thought we had the flexiblity of at least a month to pick up your car?
that sucks big time

Soooooo- Got scheduled for a pick up the 2nd week of Aug ...buuuut the dates they gave me i was going to be out of the country.. so i called tesla ....

The SA basically said pick it up during that time or they needed to remove my order from my account and i would i have to reorder!! Never heard of such a thing.. i kinda went apeshyt of the idea of waiting about 11 months having to reorder!

Unsympathetic - she said it was the system not them.. 🤦🏻‍♀️.. so i guess i have a friend picking up my tesla for me while im on vacation...

Anyone heard of this kind of thing? I thought we had the flexiblity of at least a month to pick up your car?
If you have never rejected a car before, you should be able to reject a vin. I would call or use Chat to ask them about it, not the local SA, as they just make stuff up.

If you can have a friend pick it up, go that route. Even if they let you reject a VIN, it could be months before you see one again.

Lol same situation. I haven't had a delivery estimate since "June" and just got a VIN and expected delivery of 8/7-8/13. Is there any chance of pushing this out to 8/21 if I slow play the payment or anything?

I'm out of state and will fly back if necessary but kind of a pain not to be able to adjust this at all.

Last week, I removed the FSD I added last month. I was never assigned a vin for my August delivery window. Sure enough, today, one week after removal, my EDD moved back to Oct-Dec. My plan is to hold out until 2023 somehow when the federal $$$ will hopefully be back in action. My expectations have dropped to next to nothing at this point so I might as well try to get the best deal I can out of this adventure.

Reactions: anapon
Another push back. SMH! Just absurd

MYLR, White/Black, 19", 7-seater, No FSD, No tow
Las Vegas
OD:9/30/21
EDD1: April
EDD2: June
EDD3: 9 Dec - 23 Dec
EDD4: June
EDD5: Feb 20 -Mar 20
EDD6: June 23 - July 21
EDD7: Feb 18 - Mar 18
EDD8: Feb 12 - Feb 25
EDD9: Feb 19 - Mar 5
EDD10: June
EDD11: July 23 - Aug 20
EDD12: Sep 9 -Nov 4
EDD13: Aug 7 - Sep 18
EDD14: Sep 9 - Oct 17
EDD15 (current): Oct 8 - Nov 19
Bumped up a month, let's see if this holds.

EDD15: Oct 8 - Nov 19
EDD16 (current): Sep 5 - Oct 10

My parts have been ordered!!! And what is so cool is I get notifications on the status and order and everything! Only a Tesla certified shop can order parts and they associate the parts with my VIN so I get status notifications in the app on when and where my parts are!!!

So excited! Hopefully my parts arrive in the next couple weeks!! 🤞🤞🤞
Did you finally get your MY repaired and how did that go?

Lol same situation. I haven't had a delivery estimate since "June" and just got a VIN and expected delivery of 8/7-8/13. Is there any chance of pushing this out to 8/21 if I slow play the payment or anything?

I'm out of state and will fly back if necessary but kind of a pain not to be able to adjust this at all.
wow, my vacation is 5 days out...

cancel my vaca or trust a friend or buy the car remotely...what happened to Tesla? they offered 7 day no regret window ...

Reactions: bluewhite79
Finally delivery day was yesterday. After 11 months done with this process. Is true what everyone says “Worth the wait” Amazing car and amazing technology. Hope for the ones missing here to get their car soon.
EDDB8596-0B33-44C7-A522-42BDE899BA1C.jpeg

My EDD updated this morning to Aug 7 - Aug 21. Still no VIN. This is the first two week window I have seen. Adding FSD last month moved me way up it seems, probably still looking at year's end if I had not done so.
On September 17, 2022, I ordered my Pearl White Model Y Long Range from Dublin -San Francisco Bay Area, California- .
The EDD has been moved about 10+ times so far, and it seems that the total wait for my Y will be at least 1 year ;-(
The 3 latest 'updates' of the EDD:
May 1, 2022 > EDD 8: August 11 to September 22 with delivery in Fremont, CA
July 15, 2022 > EDD 9: August 14 to August 19. On 7/15, I also received an inquiry about trade-in, an I thought things were finally moving! But no VIN yet.
August 10, 2022 > new EDD 10: August 22 to September 19

Last edited:
Bumped up a month, let's see if this holds.

EDD15: Oct 8 - Nov 19
EDD16 (current): Sep 5 - Oct 10
On September 17, 2022, I ordered my Pearl White Model Y Long Range from Dublin -San Francisco Bay Area, California- .
The EDD has been moved about 10+ times so far, and it seems that the total wait for my Y will be at least 1 year ;-(
The 3 latest 'updates' of the EDD:
May 1, 2022 > EDD 8: August 11 to September 22 with delivery in Fremont, CA
July 15, 2022 > EDD 9: August 14 to August 19. On 7/15, I also received an inquiry about trade-in, an I thought things were finally moving! But no VIN yet.
August 10, 2022 > new EDD 10: August 22 to September 19
Got pushed to my 3rd two week August 21- September 4. Going to be right up to the year mark now. At least I don't have to stress about it being delivered when I'm out of town this weekend.
Got pushed to my 3rd two week August 21- September 4. Going to be right up to the year mark now. At least I don't have to stress about it being delivered when I'm out of town this weekend.

Last edited: