TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

September Delivery...?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Jpenguin, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Jpenguin

Jpenguin New Member

We placed an order for our Model X and It was Confirmed on August 18th. We were told when we ordered that it would be delivered 2nd week of September. After reading all the timelines people have posted on here this doesn't seem possible. We live about 20 minutes from the factory, but unless Bay Area Ordered are prioritized, I don't see how they could make such a delivery date. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

2. tpham07

tpham07 Active Member

30-40 days seems about right if you live near the factory.

3. K3Man

K3Man Member

Congrats on your order and welcome to TMC! For a more comprehensive peek on timelines vs location, check out the Google Docs spreadsheet here --> Model S/X Order Tracker

And uhm, while you're there, add in your own data. ;)

4. vinny84

vinny84 Member

Around 30 days time frame for CA seems correct. And around 45 days (towards end of a quarter) for NY/NJ. These time frames are based on the data from the spreadsheet.

5. vinny84

vinny84 Member

#5 vinny84, Aug 21, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    I ordered MX on 08/11 and was confirmed on 08/15. I was given a delivery estimate of 4th week of September. No confirmed date yet though..

6. Jpenguin

Jpenguin New Member

Did your VIN post yet?

7. outie

outie Active Member

It should be correct. The cut off is probably around August 20th-ish sometimes earlier for end of Q3 delivery in CA.

8. vinny84

vinny84 Member

Yes. I added in the spreadsheet. Here it is 122395

9. bayx

bayx Member

Bay Area/SF, ordered mid-June, taking delivery this weekend. I noticed that people out of state got it earlier than I did! 6-8 weeks seems to be the norm.

10. outie

outie Active Member

Normal. Tesla produces cars for overseas first at start of quarter then make it back to East coast, mid, and west last to coincide delivery by end of quarter.

Basically someone from CA ordering in June will likely get the car around the same time as someone from CA ordering in August, +/- a week or two.

11. Sumi

Sumi Member

My MX was originally ordered April 28th and confirmed May 1st. Was going to be ready the 3rd week of June but eventually got it on July 18th, 2018. So, I guess you could get it sometime in September, if everything goes right.

12. hypa

hypa Member

My delivery date has been pushed back.

The first MX was confirmed 7/20/2018, estimated Delivery was initially late August, then it changed to late August - early September, today I was told early-mid September.

For some reason, they had to generate a new order for the second MX which now shows as 8/13/2018 and has a mid-late September delivery.

Both are identical except second has silver wheels.

• Like x 1
  13. jboy210

jboy210 Supporting Member

I think it is highly dependent on when you order, but believe the people at the SC/showroom over the website. I ordered in late Feb. Got car last day in May. At the time we ordered we were told 2-3 months by the SC/Showroom people and they were correct.

14. hallcp

hallcp Member

Is there an FAQ or something for the spreadsheet? I can't believe we're talking about the same numbers. I ordered June 4th, confirmed June 8th, VIN was assigned July 1, delivery Aug. 22nd. I'm in North Carolina.

That spreadsheet shows people ordering the car July 31 and getting a VIN 4 days later! How is that possible?

Or was I just caught in the Canadian diversion vortex so US sales wouldn't break 200,000 too soon? or was I asleep at the switch and didn't notice that VIN number being assigned? In any case it will have been 79 days from order to delivery for me.

15. jboy210

jboy210 Supporting Member

Inventory car or cancelled order.