Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September Delivery...?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We placed an order for our Model X and It was Confirmed on August 18th. We were told when we ordered that it would be delivered 2nd week of September. After reading all the timelines people have posted on here this doesn't seem possible. We live about 20 minutes from the factory, but unless Bay Area Ordered are prioritized, I don't see how they could make such a delivery date. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Bay Area/SF, ordered mid-June, taking delivery this weekend. I noticed that people out of state got it earlier than I did! 6-8 weeks seems to be the norm.
Normal. Tesla produces cars for overseas first at start of quarter then make it back to East coast, mid, and west last to coincide delivery by end of quarter.

Basically someone from CA ordering in June will likely get the car around the same time as someone from CA ordering in August, +/- a week or two.

My delivery date has been pushed back.

The first MX was confirmed 7/20/2018, estimated Delivery was initially late August, then it changed to late August - early September, today I was told early-mid September.

For some reason, they had to generate a new order for the second MX which now shows as 8/13/2018 and has a mid-late September delivery.

Both are identical except second has silver wheels.

Reactions: Kacey Green
I think it is highly dependent on when you order, but believe the people at the SC/showroom over the website. I ordered in late Feb. Got car last day in May. At the time we ordered we were told 2-3 months by the SC/Showroom people and they were correct.

Is there an FAQ or something for the spreadsheet? I can't believe we're talking about the same numbers. I ordered June 4th, confirmed June 8th, VIN was assigned July 1, delivery Aug. 22nd. I'm in North Carolina.

That spreadsheet shows people ordering the car July 31 and getting a VIN 4 days later! How is that possible?

Or was I just caught in the Canadian diversion vortex so US sales wouldn't break 200,000 too soon? or was I asleep at the switch and didn't notice that VIN number being assigned? In any case it will have been 79 days from order to delivery for me.

Is there an FAQ or something for the spreadsheet? I can't believe we're talking about the same numbers. I ordered June 4th, confirmed June 8th, VIN was assigned July 1, delivery Aug. 22nd. I'm in North Carolina.

That spreadsheet shows people ordering the car July 31 and getting a VIN 4 days later! How is that possible?

Or was I just caught in the Canadian diversion vortex so US sales wouldn't break 200,000 too soon? or was I asleep at the switch and didn't notice that VIN number being assigned? In any case it will have been 79 days from order to delivery for me.

Inventory car or cancelled order.