Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September jail

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If this actually takes until September I might go crazy. I should be able to go about my day and just wait until an email or text shows up but there are several stories in here with "the VIN showed up in my app, no other notification" so I've talked myself into checking it a few times per day. Which creates a viscious cycle of emotions. I'm ready to get off this rollercoaster!

Reactions: CVChief
If this actually takes until September I might go crazy. I should be able to go about my day and just wait until an email or text shows up but there are several stories in here with "the VIN showed up in my app, no other notification" so I've talked myself into checking it a few times per day. Which creates a viscious cycle of emotions. I'm ready to get off this rollercoaster!
In at least my situation the text came well before the app. But I get it. I had checked twice this morning already. 🤣

Yup, I was so scared it was gonna take way longer than average because of the amount of options but I figure maybe they factored in my $1,000 for paint that ended up being free, a few weeks later, as the extra profit to bump me up? 🤣

Anyway, completed profile yesterday with calls to State Farm, moving some money and submitting the deposit. Now to wait on a call for actual delivery. 😳

I got the offer to exchange my order for an Austin build MYSR. Since it would be $6k more and have 15% less range, I declined. But, since the design editor was opened when they did that I opted to change to white interior nd my EDD showed "June" for a day and now indicates 7/27-8/31. So technically out of September jail but still a ways out.

Reactions: ChrisUli
I got the offer to exchange my order for an Austin build MYSR. Since it would be $6k more and have 15% less range, I declined. But, since the design editor was opened when they did that I opted to change to white interior nd my EDD showed "June" for a day and now indicates 7/27-8/31. So technically out of September jail but still a ways out.
Nice!

Ok yesterday was wild, woke up with the 6/16-6/25 window, checked mid-day and it had updated to 6/6-6/10 and a VIN was assigned. Managed to get the payment switched to 3rd party financing, loan approved, and insurance set up. Delivery is scheduled for Thurs 6/9. I have no idea what caused the change, I recently bought another car to use while waiting for the Tesla (will be passed down to one of my kids now), having the design editor opened/closed, or the change to white seats. If you're stuck for more than a week or two only advice would be to contact Tesla and have them open the design edit option for you (assuming you're profile complete and that option isn't currently available on the web page) and then save your design choices again. Funny side note, my lender asked for both a phone number and fax number for Tesla. Guy on the phone admitted that he wasn't aware they had a fax and definitely didn't know what the number was. I was scared I was going to have to explain what a fax machine was :)

Reactions: ChrisUli
DDDA6E61-A61F-4CCC-8897-C24732352DD4.jpeg
Out of September jail…

Reactions: voxel and ChrisUli
Ok yesterday was wild, woke up with the 6/16-6/25 window, checked mid-day and it had updated to 6/6-6/10 and a VIN was assigned. Managed to get the payment switched to 3rd party financing, loan approved, and insurance set up. Delivery is scheduled for Thurs 6/9. I have no idea what caused the change, I recently bought another car to use while waiting for the Tesla (will be passed down to one of my kids now), having the design editor opened/closed, or the change to white seats. If you're stuck for more than a week or two only advice would be to contact Tesla and have them open the design edit option for you (assuming you're profile complete and that option isn't currently available on the web page) and then save your design choices again. Funny side note, my lender asked for both a phone number and fax number for Tesla. Guy on the phone admitted that he wasn't aware they had a fax and definitely didn't know what the number was. I was scared I was going to have to explain what a fax machine was :)
Congrats!!!

Reactions: Bbeakley