Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September Registrations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
lol at Diesel's -20%. They are going to totally dissapear eventually.

I love how much we are at war with Diesel cars at the moment. In London the recently, and quietly, introduced a new parking structure for Diesel vehicles - it's now almost £8 per hour! It's £4 per hour for petrol cars. Add that ontop of the Congestion Charge and ULEZ charge too.

Should be free parking for EV in my opinion, if they want everyone to drive them. Would be another great incentive.

Also don't know why Uber drivers haven't switched to EV, it seems like they would benefit so much from free congestion, ULEZ and cheap running costs.

Not as ground-breaking as August's figures, since all the other brands were up 2-3x from August.

Car Registrations

Total BEV, 7704 in September (up 145% from August)
Tesla (assumed), 3673 in September (up 76% from August)

For reference, the #10 best seller in September was the BMW 3 series, at 5038.
I don't think you can assume that all of the 3673 "other imports" are Teslas. I'm sure they make up the majority but there will be other "low volume" manufacturers importing a few cars into the UK surely?

I don't think you can assume that all of the 3673 "other imports" are Teslas. I'm sure they make up the majority but there will be other "low volume" manufacturers importing a few cars into the UK surely?
I think this assumption was made in the press last month. Presumably the others will be single figures. The data is too messy to check what it looks like in the past!

Electrek says 3459 was the total Tesla deliveries which sounds reasonable.
https://electrek.co/2019/10/09/tesla-model-3-uk-record-quarter/

The important thing here is that Tesla delivered more last month than they did last year so they were at their capacity for sure even if lease companies had wanted to order more they likely wouldn't have moved that number up at all. The next 6 months will be telling as to how much the model 3 is taking over...

They didn't have a chance of repeating the #3 slot from August, no one should have expected it

That is (I presume ...) because ICE buyers avoided August in order to get a new September plate, so ICE registrations in September will be a big-spike

I am looking forward to seeing figures for October onwards. In fact October will presumably be low as "one month post Quarter end" and at Q3 end Tesla will have attempted to have negligible cars in transit to EU, so they will arrive in more significant numbers for last 2 months of the quarter/year.

Dunno what weight to put on it, but salesman told me that an MS delivery could be September or November but wasn't offering October ...

That is (I presume ...) because ICE buyers avoided August in order to get a new September plate, so ICE registrations in September will be a big-spike

Yeah, exactly. "big-spike" = 3.5x as many sold in Sept (343k) compared to August (93k)

October is historically 1.5 - 2 x August.

smmtGraphs.png

Reactions: WannabeOwner