Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sequence #

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Placed a deposit on the X and it came with a Sequence # of 10706. Does this number mean the actual number of deposits taken?

Sort of. It indicates the number of deposits taken in the United States, but doesn't indicate how many are still held. Some number of deposits will have been refunded already.

Mine, for example. :) I bought a model S a while back, instead of continuing to wait for the X.

Based on the Model S reservation process. Absolutely not.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, I used a friends reservation. We both had one, but his was earlier. Both deposits were made in 2011, and were within 1,500 of each other. In late 2012 that might have made a difference of a month+. Now it wouldn't matter nearly as much. He decided to pass and he gave me (no $ involved) his. In the end it didn't help me at all because of the delay for multi-coat Red, a 2nd delay because I added the 3rd row which put me at the back of the queue despite Tesla's promise that it would not, and a self-imposed 3rd delay to get the P85+. I shouldn't complain about the second delay, because if it had not occurred I wouldn't have been able to change the order to get the plus.

The RN still had his name on it but we added mine to the profile. The real paperwork, the sales order, etc., was only listed in my name. So it's possible. Having said that, this was 2012 into early 2013. I'm sure Tesla's systems and process are more streamlined and might not allow this anymore. I certainly wouldn't try selling a reservation/position. I've seen this done with other manufacturers, but thats because its all handled by the dealers. Most dealers seem to be OK with this practice as long as they get to sell a car at MSRP, which is typical for new-launch cars with a waiting list.

I do hope the ramp up is quicker. I am Sig X #911. I'm hoping for a spring arrival, but we'll see. I would imagine by Thanksgiving I would be able to design it but not sure. What has been the experience for early S owners how soon before did you get to design your car? Also does the Tesla factory do tours? I am going to be in California and would love to take a tour of the factory? How about factory pick up? Is that an option?

Thanks for answering.