TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Serenity

Discussion in 'Model S' started by cdabel, Mar 15, 2013.

1. cdabel

cdabel Member

I hope its OK with some frivolous gushing. I just had my first test drive, and decided that Serenity will be the name of my MS when it comes, after the name of the spaceship of Malcolm Reynolds from the cancelled, but cult favorite scifi/western "Firefly". If you haven´t seen it (and you should...the theme of a plucky crew in the cross hairs of the establishement resonates), it is cinematically different than most other sci-fi in that scenes from space have no noise. On most films and television shows, spaceships have big engine sounds, sonic booms going into warp drive etc. Not Serenity though. It just suddenly streaks ahead in pure silence leaving a trail of glowing energy behind it. That´s the vibe i got from the Model S when I mashed the pedal. The car feels like it´s something from the future. That Elon also has a space company helps set the scifi mood for me as well.

2. hvb

hvb Member

If you can't do some frivolous gushing here, where can you do it? And Serenity's a great name from a great show. I like to think of my Model S as SBD (silent but deadly).

3. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

#3 brianman, Mar 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    This lines up well with the mumbling I hear from reservation holders waiting for their cars:

4. aaron.s

aaron.s Member

GREAT name!!!!

Aaron

5. rlpm

rlpm S P85 | Sig X _P90D_

Shiny! I'll be in my bunk. :wink:

6. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

7. dadaleus

dadaleus 4GETOIL P85#S70,FdrX,S85D

Browncoats unite!