Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Serenity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope its OK with some frivolous gushing. I just had my first test drive, and decided that Serenity will be the name of my MS when it comes, after the name of the spaceship of Malcolm Reynolds from the cancelled, but cult favorite scifi/western "Firefly". If you haven´t seen it (and you should...the theme of a plucky crew in the cross hairs of the establishement resonates), it is cinematically different than most other sci-fi in that scenes from space have no noise. On most films and television shows, spaceships have big engine sounds, sonic booms going into warp drive etc. Not Serenity though. It just suddenly streaks ahead in pure silence leaving a trail of glowing energy behind it. That´s the vibe i got from the Model S when I mashed the pedal. The car feels like it´s something from the future. That Elon also has a space company helps set the scifi mood for me as well.

I hope its OK with some frivolous gushing. I just had my first test drive, and decided that Serenity will be the name of my MS when it comes, after the name of the spaceship of Malcolm Reynolds from the cancelled, but cult favorite scifi/western "Firefly". If you haven´t seen it (and you should...the theme of a plucky crew in the cross hairs of the establishement resonates), it is cinematically different than most other sci-fi in that scenes from space have no noise. On most films and television shows, spaceships have big engine sounds, sonic booms going into warp drive etc. Not Serenity though. It just suddenly streaks ahead in pure silence leaving a trail of glowing energy behind it. That´s the vibe i got from the Model S when I mashed the pedal. The car feels like it´s something from the future. That Elon also has a space company helps set the scifi mood for me as well.

GREAT name!!!!

Aaron

Shiny! I'll be in my bunk. :wink:

x250-ads-rival-smugglers-mal-reynolds-han-solo-firefly-serenity-star-wars-millenium-falcon-shirt.jpg