Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Serious paint flaws discovered after delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've never read nor heard any proof for this statement, and I've done a TON of research. All paint is fragile after manufacture, and it all depends on how quickly cars get from the manufacturer to the customer.
I don’t know that there is proof. That would involve testing and damaging the paint and I just don’t think there’s anyone that wants to do that to their car. It’s been claimed the paint isn’t as hard as it could be but again it’s difficult to prove without doing the testing. I do know I had my first paint chip within 2 hours of picking up my car so was that fragile paint or just luck? I think both. Anyway PPF was the answer for me. Good luck with your quest for proof.

I don’t know that there is proof. That would involve testing and damaging the paint and I just don’t think there’s anyone that wants to do that to their car. It’s been claimed the paint isn’t as hard as it could be but again it’s difficult to prove without doing the testing. I do know I had my first paint chip within 2 hours of picking up my car so was that fragile paint or just luck? I think both. Anyway PPF was the answer for me. Good luck with your quest for proof.
I saw some discussion somewhere about California having some sort of regulations that meant the paint was a little 'soft' or otherwise not as good as from factories in other states.