Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seriously, A MONTH to schedule service!?!?!?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took my dad's car for a while. It's nearing the end of the warranty period and found a few bugs it has so went the app to schedule a service call and the soonest available date to get it in is JUNE 20TH! Wow! That is just ridiculous. Bad enough that you can't call anyone to get a simple "2 second" question answered. But a month to get in for service is just unacceptable. What if it were an issue that prevented me from driving the car? They expect us to just park our means of transportation for a full month before they can get to you?

I've been fortunate to not have many issues with my Tesla's, or they've been very small issues that I don't worry about. The Mobile Service is great, when you can get it. EV's are hot as heck right now, but the day is going to come when the market shifts back to normal. This, combined with real competition coming to market, will eventually be an issue. Just sad for existing customers that there's not much we can do about it right now. Just have to sit back and take it. I call Chevy or Ford for our other company vehicles and they always get them in within a day or two and have the cars back either the same day or the next day. Very rare that they ever need to keep it longer. I could understand this 10 years ago when they started, but for it to be worse now than it was then is just not acceptable. I do remember the early days when Service was AMAZING!

Praying some day that this improves!

You dont say?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

(sorry, I couldnt resist, the use of multiple punctuation marks like that to emphasize something is a somewhat sore point to me, lol)

Back to your thread topic, yeah a month is a long time. My experience has been if its something urgent, you can schedule your appointment, then call and see if they can fit you in sooner (Urgent = something that will prevent the car from charging / moving or is a safety issue).

Reactions: BulldogsRus
You dont say?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

(sorry, I couldnt resist, the use of multiple punctuation marks like that to emphasize something is a somewhat sore point to me, lol)

Back to your thread topic, yeah a month is a long time. My experience has been if its something urgent, you can schedule your appointment, then call and see if they can fit you in sooner (Urgent = something that will prevent the car from charging / moving or is a safety issue).
I may have missed the memo, how do you call a Tesla Service Center to talk to someone?

I may have missed the memo, how do you call a Tesla Service Center to talk to someone?

You call and select the options for a vehicle in service (then when you get them explain that you have an urgent issue, have an appointment scheduled already but its far out, etc). Note, dont do that if you dont have an appointment scheduled and I dont recommend doing it if the issue isnt urgent (to ask a question for example).

• Informative
Reactions: QUBO

There are A LOT bigger fish to fry in this world than letting "punctuation marks" be a source of anguish. Some things, just creating your own stress by even giving it a second thought. Waiting a month for service from a high-end auto manufacturer bothers me. How someone displays their text or grammar or whatever, is the last thing in the world I will spend my energy thinking about, let alone allow it to bother me. But, I do see that many forums have a lot of grammar police to make sure we're aware of it. :):) Life is too short! One of the reasons I don't want to wait a month to get the car fixed! :)

I’ve been told on multiple occasions that if you have an urgent “car is not driveable” issue then to bring it to the service center and they’ll fit it in as soon as they can.

LA’s definitely in a service crunch… just checked my local SC (Fresno), first appointment is a pretty standard ~10 days out.

I’ve been told on multiple occasions that if you have an urgent “car is not driveable” issue then to bring it to the service center and they’ll fit it in as soon as they can.

LA’s definitely in a service crunch… just checked my local SC (Fresno), first appointment is a pretty standard ~10 days out.

Where I am in Temecula CA, scheduling an appointment right now this evening has first available date of Friday May 27th (5 days).

I sense that COVID response and supply chain shortage (and other factors) have had a ripple effect where delayed, poor service has become culturally embedded… not just at Tesla service.

Example, my daughter had minor damage to her CR-V after a deer swerve into a ditch. Quasi-drivable car. The insurance-approved body shop was 5 weeks out to give an estimate. An ESTIMATE. Another 7 weeks to fix the damage. Our insurance only covered 1 month of replacement rental car. When the CR-V was returned to her the AC inexplicably didn’t work (later was fixed). Pre-COVID this was the kind of thing that start to finish would have been 2 weeks tops.

I think the service industry has just gotten used to providing poor, delayed service during COVID and the aftermath, and it has become an excuse for the lazy and untalented to underdeliver.