Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seriously. What is your max amount you'd pay for EAP?

What is the max amount you'd pay for EAP

• $2000

• $3000

• $4000

• $5000

• $6000

• $7000

• $8000

• $9000

• I like paying others to beta test their software at MY risk and to benefit THEM, so I have FSD.

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With a fixed price and the inability to move these packages between cars, it's very dependant on ownership duration.

I'd pay $99/month, which would put the cost, if we kept it continuously over the next 24 months at $2,376.00

For $6K, I'd be spending $250/month, that's too much for a "convenience enhancement".

$500 for Auto Lane Change, and dumb summon.

I don't even want the car to change lanes for me, just stop the bing bong noise when I shut down AP and re-engage. Wakes up the family. $100 bucks for that?

I would like to be able to nudge the car in the driveway sometimes, to get past it with the wheelbarrow, and back out of some tight spots. Don't need any self driving on summon at all.

But lately I don't even use AP, the lane positioning is totally nerfed, rides the left lane line too close on right turns, and potholes and bad roads are a huge deal, not enough good roads to use it.

Not a good sales pitch for even more automation, when you can't get the basics to work.

I've seen how it works. My offer:
$1000
Oh, and that's with the expectation that Tesla will cover fender-benders under their liability insurance when the car scrapes a grarage door entrance.

... on second thought, since Tesla still can't properly write their manuals, my new offer is:

$0
Autosteer and its associated functions are particularly unlikely to operate as intended when: ... A vehicle is detected in your blind spot when you engage the turn signal. ... Auto Lane Change moves Model S into the adjacent lane in the direction indicated by the turn signal, provided the following conditions are met: * The turn signal is engaged. * Model S does not detect a vehicle in its blind spot, or a vehicle or obstacle up to the center of the target lane.
From the 2021+ N. America Tesla Model S manual, Accessed 06/24/2022

Last edited:
This is ridiculous pricing for the American market, all other markets are ~$2,000 USD cheaper. What the hell?!
It might have slightly less functionality in other areas, Europe I think doesn't allow some EAP features on their roads but I could be wrong

After all the price increases, I think it should be included.

A Model Y LR in Canada right now is already $86,990, EAP is advertised for $6400 extra = $93,390 all in! For a frigging Model Y LR, this is batting in top end luxury price range and it does not even remotely resemble top end luxury.

I had a three month trial of EAP when I purchased. I also subscribed to FSD for a month for a long road trip and got to try the FSD beta towards the end of the month. Of all the features only auto lane change and NoA are worth paying for.

Another option we should have is $99/mo for an EAP subscription. They would probably make more money in the long run with such a subscription.
regardless, $99 a month for that is ridiculous. No different. just drop it to 2k. thats what EAP is worth for mass audience.

This is ridiculous pricing for the American market, all other markets are ~$2,000 USD cheaper. What the hell?!
Because every country has different economic conditions. Do you think someone in another country doing your same job makes the same amount as you do? Do you think the cost of living in another country is the same as where you live? The price of a gallon of milk, a loaf of bread, the cost of energy, and the cost of a house is the same everywhere in the world?

Anyone feel like smart summon should be reserved for FSD?
It’s useless so it doesn’t matter.

I believe initially it wasn't included in EAP,
Smart Summon was always part of EAP at least starting in 2018 with Model 3.

I don’t normally quote Teslarati and I can’t vouch for everything here being precisely correct, but it is an overall summary:
EAP still doesn't include the chime on traffic light turning green, correct?
Right. Part of City Streets/Traffic Light & Stop Sign Response/FSD.

If SmartSummon was longer than whatever the range is now (200feet?), I might consider EAP at a $2k price point. (At my job, from my second floor window, I can easily see about..600 feet in the open parking lot. No reason why SmartSummon shouldnt allow me to watch the car while it drove itself say, 500 feet in a clear private parking lot of the self driving tech is so good, like Elon claims)

Oh, and it couldnt have the caveat of "it may regress to being worse with updates". It would have to be same, and only get better with updates. I'd need to be able to know that if the smart summon avoided a curb or obstacle the first say, ten times, then on time 11 under same conditions, I need to KNOW that its not going to behave worse/take a different route in the parking lot.

If SmartSummon was longer than whatever the range is now (200feet?), I might consider EAP at a $2k price point. (At my job, from my second floor window, I can easily see about..600 feet in the open parking lot. No reason why SmartSummon shouldnt allow me to watch the car while it drove itself say, 500 feet in a clear private parking lot of the self driving tech is so good, like Elon claims)
I do wonder if they will ever revisit Smart Summon if they ever get FSD working better. If they can figure out how to drive on unmarked streets they might have a chance in parking lots. Right now it remains just a viral feature with limitless potential.