Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seriously. What is your max amount you'd pay for EAP?

What is the max amount you'd pay for EAP

• $2000

• $3000

• $4000

• $5000

• $6000

• $7000

• $8000

• $9000

• I like paying others to beta test their software at MY risk and to benefit THEM, so I have FSD.

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pessimistic. Think about those that bought it in the last few hours and the back roar that would create.
If it does go on sale it won’t be for a few years….not any time soon.
If Elon didnt care about promising 200mph top speed for Plaid (during order time) that didnt materialize due to "special wheels are needed" (<----blatant LIE, by the way), if he didnt care about quietly taking away lumbar controls on Model Y's (with no warning), if he didnt care about delivering cars with various pieces missing with zero heads up to buyers..

WHAT..makes you think he would care about back roar over a price cut/sale? LOL

Tesla might put it on sale in another quarter that requires some financial shoring up, one can only assume that's the reason EAP is suddenly being split from FSD at the very end of 2Q here although I'm unsure how the revenue is realized on the accounting side of things

Reactions: 2101Guy
Tesla might put it on sale in another quarter that requires some financial shoring up, one can only assume that's the reason EAP is suddenly being split from FSD at the very end of 2Q here although I'm unsure how the revenue is realized on the accounting side of things

The beauty of re-offering EAP is that all eligible cars already have the hardware, so nearly all of the $6k is immediate revenue. (Accountants may require a small holdback to upgrade NoA and Summon.)

Good luck with that, but I don't think that Tesla is likely to be in need of a quick cash infusion anytime soon.
I’m not betting on it obviously but this is an extremely challenging time for a lot of companies in this space, and this is one lever they can pull to bring in more $$$ — it’s an advantage.

Not necessarily that they’ll need a quick cash infusion to continue operating, but they might want a quick cash infusion to improve financial metrics reported and to offset these very real challenges.

Am I wrong or has Tesla not done exactly this in the past? I hadn’t put 2+2 together until reading through this thread yesterday, but it’s not a stretch to suspect that’s the case once again with the difficulties the company is facing right now and considering the timing and everything. The EOQ push is happening, both in terms of vehicle deliveries and trying to pull in software revenue.

I’m fine with the basic included AP.
076F7B1A-E302-4482-AA9C-287310465F97.jpeg