Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Alert

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else get this today?

What’s this about

Attachments

• CC8CDB76-D64A-4FBF-AA1D-586C6E185EE1.jpeg
    CC8CDB76-D64A-4FBF-AA1D-586C6E185EE1.jpeg
    484 KB · Views: 226
Has to do with the heat/air condition system. They'll replace a couple of sensors. Mine failed the morning after we picked up our car. So for Tesla it's a preventive precaution to prevent failure ( which I might add is very uncomfortable.) We had to travel 500 miles home without a heater in March when it was well below freezing.

Same notice here. Already scheduled my SC visit. As much as people like to talk crap about Tesla service, I think it’s great that they’re being proactive. It was more than once that I had to strong-arm the Honda service manager into looking up a TSB that I found online after my Accord suffered some problem.

Reactions: CapsEngineer
I wonder if Tesla is trying to sneak around another recall.
As long as they fix it, does it really matter? I much prefer it this way and assert that if all cars had a way to communicate with their owners like this, it might do away with yet another blood sucking government entity. Or at least reduce it's budget significantly.

I know, too close to taboo discussion topics... :) I take it all back....

As long as they fix it, does it really matter? I much prefer it this way and assert that if all cars had a way to communicate with their owners like this, it might do away with yet another blood sucking government entity. Or at least reduce it's budget significantly.

I know, too close to taboo discussion topics... :) I take it all back....
It depends on how you look at it. Recalls are good for transparency purposes, there is a record of a known manufacturing defect/issue and the solution is public and needs to be appropriate. This way you know the fix isn't duct tape and bubble gum. Also that recall notice will be available to the next owner or possible owner so they don't get stuck with some surprise issue they end up paying for on their own.
It also helps keep track of continuing quality issues a manufacturer has. Of course manufacturers hate recalls because it costs them money and bad press. They are good for consumers for safety and financial reasons.

It depends on how you look at it. Recalls are good for transparency purposes, there is a record of a known manufacturing defect/issue and the solution is public and needs to be appropriate. This way you know the fix isn't duct tape and bubble gum. Also that recall notice will be available to the next owner or possible owner so they don't get stuck with some surprise issue they end up paying for on their own.
It also helps keep track of continuing quality issues a manufacturer has. Of course manufacturers hate recalls because it costs them money and bad press. They are good for consumers for safety and financial reasons.
You make some good points however the days are gone where the Execs sit around a board room and decide which will be cheaper: to fix the exploding gas tanks in the Pinto or to pay off the families who lost loved ones who's gas tanks exploded. It is largely due to the internet, immediate feedback, forums like this and the possibility that everyone is a reporter with high quality media gear in the form of a smart phone. and access to free press (ie. Twitter, instagram, etc.)

In the Modern Era in which we live the Consumer and their voice is the most powerful deterrent to poor decision making around the board room table. I have seen it firsthand. Most consumer focused companies have more staff monitoring the Social Media feedback than they do safety/compliance personnel.

As always, this is JMHO.... :)

I wonder what the response would have been if Chevy just sent out in-car messages to each Bolt owner letting them know their car will probably catch fire and to schedule a service appointment instead of issuing an official recall.
Tesla is already on the NHTSA’s naughty list for how they handled the software update to supposedly fix the issue of Teslas being attracted to strobe lights like a moth to a light. I love my Model S and have a Y on order, but Elon’s arrogance can only take him so far before regulators, either SEC or NHTSA neuter him and/or Tesla. The customers are the ones who will lose out when that happens.

Reactions: Sandollars
Since no one mentioned it in the thread, if you received this message it's to proactively replace some temperature and pressure sensors within your heat pump. I you want to see more detail go into the Service Bulletin thread here...

Last edited:
Got the message this AM. despite the alert on the car, I didn't have an associated alert in the app-service menu so I scheduled an 'other' service request and posted my photo of the car screen message. My only lasted option was a mobile service. a bit later I got notified of a 'service center' appointment. My Y was already in service for 20days last December to have it's 'no heat' fixed. Is anyone else who has already been 'fixed' getting the message? that would suggest the 'fix' previously done was just replacing components with the same design. perhaps now they have a design update/fix.