Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service and communication (out of main)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had awesome service last week.
Are you reading forums and bitching or do you have a real experience?
The answer for me is both as well. It's one thing to have a one-off bad experience but when you've had many bad experiences and there are many threads echoing the same types of problems and the problems are really basic ones, such as the inability to reach a human being or to get a reply, it's really concerning. In response to those who say it's only complainers who post on forums, I say from 2012 to around 2017, people posted often about what a great product and customer service experience they had with Tesla. These days at best it's a mixed bag, with the negative experiences being egregious and similar. Financially, Tesla seems to have turned the corner but service needs to be addressed. Anyone who has an interest in Tesla succeeding, whether he or she has experienced the bad service, should want this issue to be aired out and resolved.

Reactions: TSLA Pilot and JRP3
I respectfully request of all that we not transform this thread into a neroden bashing thread.

The primary reason isn't what people have to say about neroden. It's what they're saying about themselves when they're busy telling us what and why about somebody else who isn't here and isn't able to elaborate, explain, or defend themselves.

Thank you.

I don't login here much, but I've been around tmc and tesla since the beginning. I find that one of the best metrics for growth is volume of customer complaints. I'm very happy that the volume or the fervor regarding this hasn't changed over the years. Also, JRP3, keep up the good work! It's good to see that you still are as passionate as ever.

Yeah, he turned sour quite a while ago. I think he sold in the low-220s.

Proves it again: don't read twitter. It cost ol'Grep a bundle. :p

Cheers!
Same sale price as Neroden if I recall correctly.

In recent days he’s called Teslas “murder bots” and said that the company “lies to its customers”.

“I own two Teslas. I am telling people to avoid Tesla like the plague”

“Tesla routinely delivers new bugs OTA. VW can't do worse, so I expect them to do better”.

And my favourite: “Starlink will be a huge hit and will probably be on time. Musk may need the money to bail out Tesla at the rate Tesla is self destructing.”

In recent days he’s called Teslas “murder bots” and said that the company “lies to its customers”.

“Tesla routinely delivers new bugs OTA. VW can't do worse, so I expect them to do better”.

And my favourite: “Starlink will be a huge hit and will probably be on time. Musk may need the money to bail out Tesla at the rate Tesla is self destructing.”

Actual quotes from Neroden? I can’t believe that.

edit: thanks for replying everyone. I think @Buckminster captured my emotions here best... It is sad to see what has happened to him and also a bit like finding out that Santa is not delivering any presents...

Last edited:

17AE73F1-5E0E-4FA9-A9A5-3EF555CE865B.jpeg

This is what can happen if you sell a gorilla and watch it run away from you. Some people cannot admit they were wrong and are deluded enough to think if they rail hard enough they can bring the share price back down. Yes, it's insanity but humans are funny creatures. It's a downward spiral from here if help is not obtained or a miracle doesn't happen. The world is full of angry old people muttering to themselves who believe they have been done wrong.

I know a guy who has been divorced for over 15 years but believes he is still married (because in God's eyes, marriage is eternal) and that, in time, his ex-wife will come around and love him again. It's insanity.

Always admit your mistakes and move on.

Last edited:
The world is full of angry old people muttering to themselves who believe they have been done wrong.

Fully agree. Wise words for all of us - also in times of happy exuberance like now: always remember: Performance = Skill + Luck (and luck dominates, at least short term) and in this context both success and failure is impacted by our decisions but not fully controlled by them. From that perspective it is doubly important to move on: part of your success/failure might not be up to you. (I will rightfully earn disagrees on this forum full of very skilled professionals, that’s ok...)

Sad to see what has become of Neroden. I really liked him and his contributions here.

Last edited:
This is what can happen if you sell a gorilla and watch it run away from you. Some people cannot admit they were wrong and are deluded enough to think if they rail hard enough they can bring the share price back down. Yes, it's insanity but humans are funny creatures. It's a downward spiral from here if help is not obtained or a miracle doesn't happen. The world is full of angry old people muttering to themselves who believe they have been done wrong.

I know a guy who has been divorced for over 15 years but believes he is still married (because in God's eyes, marriage is eternal) and that, in time, his ex-wife will come around and love him again. It's insanity.

In fairness to neroden, it’s not really a huge departure. The things he’s railing against are right in line with what he was railing against here, long before he sold. Service communications? Check. Software bugs? Check. The only new thing I see it complaints about the battery loss for older models, but that also fits right in with communications and service issues.

I actually agree with him that these are Tesla’s weaknesses. He just seems to put way more importance in some of these than I do(arcane USB media issues going to cause the downfall of the company? Really?) and seems to have way more faith in other companies than I do(if you hate Tesla’s software engineering, wait till you see VW’s!).

edit: thanks for replying everyone. I think @Buckminster captured my emotions here best... It is sad to see what has happened to him and also a bit like finding out that Santa is not delivering any presents...

He got too invested in tesla. By that I mean time wise based on his ppsting frequency and the length of his posts. Almost obssessive.

From my experience, when a person gets to that point, it is hard to see clearly. Obssessive personality also seeks too much perfection.

Me thinks ppl should do what I do, post here while on the loo. Everything sounds like fart and not very serious.

Meh. He’s been jabbering like that for years. Guy can’t get out of his own way.

Who in their right mind buys a product, invests significantly in the company, and then goes around telling people not to buy the product? That’s not rational in any way, shape or form and he’s been doing just that, literally, for YEARS. He should have sold his stake way back.

He got too invested in tesla. By that I mean time wise based on his ppsting frequency and the length of his posts. Almost obssessive.

From my experience, when a person gets to that point, it is hard to see clearly. Obssessive personality also seeks too much perfection.

Me thinks ppl should do what I do, post here while on the loo. Everything sounds like fart and not very serious.
From now on I will never be able to get this thought out of my head when reading your posts. BTW, I think you hit the nail on the head re:neroden.

• Funny
Reactions: AZRI11 and NicoV