Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service appoint issues?? Multiple reschedules...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, Had the 3 about a year now, haven't really had an noticeable problems until a few weeks ago ours has went to "limited charging" Tried with both the 240v and the 110 we initially received the car with but both netted the same outcome of limited charging. Have tried multiple attemps to reinsert and same "limited charging". Have been tempted to stop at a supercharger but even if it did work it wouldn't resolve our at home issues.

I understand covid-19 has changed everything recently but I have read and heard things via facebook tesla groups, youtube about terrible communication and service and finally seeing it first hand.

Anyways so Intially had an appointment setup for May 12th, fine wifes working from home so left car there, no show, only a rescheduled text stating for the 19th of May. Yesterday comes around and around 1pm we receive an updated schedule text saying "May 22nd".

I called immediately, went through support and spoke to someone at a service center who I explained the same ^^^ and they supposedly put a message in for the service advisor assigned ot my vehicle to call me, NO CALL & no returned text yet going on the 2nd business day.

Now my wife is returning to traveling work status which makes it a bit difficult to "reschedule locations" because frankly I have no idea what Tesla support is going to do or even show up. We live about 25 miles on the outskirts of Dallas TX, 28 miles or so from an actual pickup/service center so I dont think this requires some special trip or appointment as its within a reasonable commute.

How hard is it to text someone, call, hell even build a notes or inbox into the Tesla app itself and say "Hey we have alot of service techs out of commision so we will call you a few days in advance when we could possibly get to your vehicle" instead of rescheduling over and over again, which I feel will happen again.....

Have other people had the same experience recently? Any resolution?
This is only my 2nd support ticket placed and the previous was just for a replacement key card that was simple.

Hi everyone, Had the 3 about a year now, haven't really had an noticeable problems until a few weeks ago ours has went to "limited charging" Tried with both the 240v and the 110 we initially received the car with but both netted the same outcome of limited charging. Have tried multiple attemps to reinsert and same "limited charging". Have been tempted to stop at a supercharger but even if it did work it wouldn't resolve our at home issues.

I understand covid-19 has changed everything recently but I have read and heard things via facebook tesla groups, youtube about terrible communication and service and finally seeing it first hand.

Anyways so Intially had an appointment setup for May 12th, fine wifes working from home so left car there, no show, only a rescheduled text stating for the 19th of May. Yesterday comes around and around 1pm we receive an updated schedule text saying "May 22nd".

I called immediately, went through support and spoke to someone at a service center who I explained the same ^^^ and they supposedly put a message in for the service advisor assigned ot my vehicle to call me, NO CALL & no returned text yet going on the 2nd business day.

Now my wife is returning to traveling work status which makes it a bit difficult to "reschedule locations" because frankly I have no idea what Tesla support is going to do or even show up. We live about 25 miles on the outskirts of Dallas TX, 28 miles or so from an actual pickup/service center so I dont think this requires some special trip or appointment as its within a reasonable commute.

How hard is it to text someone, call, hell even build a notes or inbox into the Tesla app itself and say "Hey we have alot of service techs out of commision so we will call you a few days in advance when we could possibly get to your vehicle" instead of rescheduling over and over again, which I feel will happen again.....

Have other people had the same experience recently? Any resolution?
This is only my 2nd support ticket placed and the previous was just for a replacement key card that was simple.
I have had a few reschedules but always via text with ample time. Seems like a support request usually gets an appointment immediately no matter what the concern, then you are contacted after they actually look at the request, and if they feel it warrants a service call they will either reschedule or keep the original. OR as in my case right now, they kept the appointment but said they were evaluating it further and to watch for possible updates to the request.

I have had a few reschedules but always via text with ample time. Seems like a support request usually gets an appointment immediately no matter what the concern, then you are contacted after they actually look at the request, and if they feel it warrants a service call they will either reschedule or keep the original. OR as in my case right now, they kept the appointment but said they were evaluating it further and to watch for possible updates to the request.

Yes the first appointment reschedule was around the 15th or 16th which was fine since we knew what was happening in advance. Yesterday was basically a no show which is what aggravated my wife. They did intially ask are you plugging it in correctly...I responded yes and multiple different attempts to confirm and explained that it was happening both on our 110 and 240. The car has almost 19,000 miles so you would think with being same owners they would understand this is not user error.

Yes the first appointment reschedule was around the 15th or 16th which was fine since we knew what was happening in advance. Yesterday was basically a no show which is what aggravated my wife. They did intially ask are you plugging it in correctly...I responded yes and multiple different attempts to confirm and explained that it was happening both on our 110 and 240. The car has almost 19,000 miles so you would think with being same owners they would understand this is not user error.
Ha Ha, they do not seem to like to admit error even when they fix it. When THEY scheduled my HW3 upgrade and then found it was already installed after getting me there, they put "Customer Education" on the receipt, even though I told them I thought HW3 was already installed before they looked at it.

Did you get confirmations along the way confirming the appointment and informing you about policy and procedures?
I've used both the mobile service and a service center drop-off. They almost send out too many reminder texts and they give very clear instructions about what do to under Corona restrictions. They don't want you to miss the appointment any more than you want to.
Your OP was a bit tough to read through, so maybe I misunderstood a few things.
Did you schedule the service through the App?
I find the process to be very smooth.
I also have found that due to the pandemic the wait times are shorter than ever. People aren't driving so they don't have the same service concerns.

Did you get confirmations along the way confirming the appointment and informing you about policy and procedures?
I've used both the mobile service and a service center drop-off. They almost send out too many reminder texts and they give very clear instructions about what do to under Corona restrictions. They don't want you to miss the appointment any more than you want to.
Your OP was a bit tough to read through, so maybe I misunderstood a few things.
Did you schedule the service through the App?
I find the process to be very smooth.
I also have found that due to the pandemic the wait times are shorter than ever. People aren't driving so they don't have the same service concerns.

Yeah sorry, was just dissapointed my first post on a tesla specific forum had to be a complaint instead of a welcome. YES appointment was made through the app, the first service ticket we put in last year went smoothly so we assumed this would be the same. AND yes the text informed us to leave the vehicle in an accessible location ( so we left it outside of our garage in the driveway). The app shows Repair estimate of $484..but obviously should be no charge due to it being a 19 and under warranty.

Yeah sorry, was just dissapointed my first post on a tesla specific forum had to be a complaint instead of a welcome. YES appointment was made through the app, the first service ticket we put in last year went smoothly so we assumed this would be the same. AND yes the text informed us to leave the vehicle in an accessible location ( so we left it outside of our garage in the driveway). The app shows Repair estimate of $484..but obviously should be no charge due to it being a 19 and under warranty.

Sorry to hear that!
I apologize if I missed it, but what exactly turned out to be the problem?

Interesting that the same person "disliked" the posts about Boston and Austin. Does this person have experience with both? Or are they just going through the forum and "liking" every negative post and "disliking" every positive post? A quick scan through their activities reveals the latter. Having had only positive experiences with the Boston SC, I'm going to like that post.

Reactions: toolman335
Interesting that the same person "disliked" the posts about Boston and Austin. Does this person have experience with both? Or are they just going through the forum and "liking" every negative post and "disliking" every positive post? A quick scan through their activities reveals the latter. Having had only positive experiences with the Boston SC, I'm going to like that post.

I noticed that too, though don't rule out that he drives back and forth across the country and has to use both service centers:rolleyes:

Sounds like Texas is rough for service lol
The Boston area guys are fantastic.
I wish we could rank our service visits in the app, so Tesla could know which areas need work. It sounds like it's a real crap shoot depending on which area you're in.

I've had fantastic service from the Littleton, CO service center, and my mobile appointments have also been great.