Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service appointment I don't need? Or do I?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My first service appointment is this Monday, 11-22-21, and I'm not sure it's actually necessary. As a street smart, clueless, first time Tesla buyer, I did my due diligence, hit the web, got the apps, and scoured TMC and Tesla-Info for tips and tricks on taking delivery. As a result I catalogued every anomaly I could find, slightly misaligned panels and parts, etc, and submitted them for service in the Tesla app. Having lived with my MY over a month now, I've come to realize I got a very solid build with some minor issues. I'll post a few photos so you get the gist. Bottom line, I don't want to leave the vehicle overnight, especially without a loaner, and I fear the service department will F something up worse. On the contrary, it'd be nice to remedy those issues that do exist without suffering any consequences. What to do?
IMG_5319.jpeg
IMG_5320.jpeg

IMG_5327.jpeg
IMG_5332.jpeg
IMG_5339.jpeg

Misaligned panels seems like something that should be fixed, aside from that fact that it would drive me nuts personally, down the line in terms of car value I'd want them aligned as well. Not sure that social media has anything to do with poor quality on a car that cost what this does. As for the other issues you noted, hard to say without knowing what they are, but really comes down to what are you willing to accept from a new, not inexpensive, vehicle?

Reactions: TSLY
Absolutely. Street smart people ask questions when they're clueless. That's how they get to be smart. ;)
Sure. I really thought your post was a spoof. Afraid of something you would have to do at some point in the future with almost 100% certainty assuming you kept the car for any long period of time. Was wondering why you even bought the car.