Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Appt - Stuck on preparing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a service appt scheduled for Monday Nov 23rd on my 2018 Model X. Per the app, the service appt is still in preparing stage. No invoice has been received. Should I be worried that Tesla may cancel again?

The appointment was originally created back in January 2020 for #s 1,2 and 3. (Let you guys know what I've been dealing with this whole year)

- Cancelled/pushed out multiple times due to COVID
- The latest Appointment date was November 2nd. Per the service center they would not have the infotainment upgrade in time and rescheduled the order. They rescheduled for Monday.

#3 was created after official confirmation of Infotainment upgrade by Tesla in March 2020.

The appointment is to
1. Fix/replace the drivers door. (Door no longer opens. requires entrance through passenger side and use maximum force to push drivers door open.
2. Replace Falcon Wing sensor (Causing issue with passenger door)
3. Install Infotainment Upgrade & HW3
3. Fix side repeater Autopilot camera's (falling out)

I had my Infotainment upgrade originally scheduled for the new SC in Peabody, MA in June. It was pushed out every couple weeks as we waited for parts. I made a couple of trips back and forth to Florida and really wanted it. Finally I called Tesla and they contacted the SC and somehow I was able to get it installed in a week or so. That was November 4th, just in time for my next road trip. I did not get my estimate until the day or so before. What I didn't know was that there is now a radio option upgrade so you don't lose FM or Satellite. If I had known I probably would have scheduled that to be done at the same time. I scheduled that for this week, but then cancelled to see if I would really miss it. I listen to a couple stations on Tune-In in FL and NH, and on my trip yesterday was using Waze and streaming my Boston radio station the whole way, 440miles, with no issue through iHeart on Waze. So not sure I'll get it now.

You could always cancel the Infotainment upgrade to get those other serious issues resolved, or call the toll free number and see if they can't make something happen like they did for me.

I would recommend the Peabody SC. There's is a mall right there and places to walk, and they have a large area with many isolating seating options at the SC as well as at the mall. Took about 4-5 hours to do everything, and I worked on my laptop and watched TV on my tablet so time went by quickly. Bring your own coffee, drinks or snacks or make use of the mall. They offered a loaner or Uber but I offered to wait.

• Informative
Reactions: Hovscorpion1
I had my Infotainment upgrade originally scheduled for the new SC in Peabody, MA in June. It was pushed out every couple weeks as we waited for parts. I made a couple of trips back and forth to Florida and really wanted it. Finally I called Tesla and they contacted the SC and somehow I was able to get it installed in a week or so. That was November 4th, just in time for my next road trip. I did not get my estimate until the day or so before. What I didn't know was that there is now a radio option upgrade so you don't lose FM or Satellite. If I had known I probably would have scheduled that to be done at the same time. I scheduled that for this week, but then cancelled to see if I would really miss it. I listen to a couple stations on Tune-In in FL and NH, and on my trip yesterday was using Waze and streaming my Boston radio station the whole way, 440miles, with no issue through iHeart on Waze. So not sure I'll get it now.

You could always cancel the Infotainment upgrade to get those other serious issues resolved, or call the toll free number and see if they can't make something happen like they did for me.

I would recommend the Peabody SC. There's is a mall right there and places to walk, and they have a large area with many isolating seating options at the SC as well as at the mall. Took about 4-5 hours to do everything, and I worked on my laptop and watched TV on my tablet so time went by quickly. Bring your own coffee, drinks or snacks or make use of the mall. They offered a loaner or Uber but I offered to wait.

Thank you. I won't worry about estimate then. I'll just wait. I did check Peabody MA, and the closest appointment they have is the 3rd week of Dec. Given that my appointment is less then 1 business day away, I'll stick with it for now. I will definitely keep Peabody in mind next time. (my appt. is for the Dedham MA).

The Toll Free # has not been any luck for me.Either on hold for to long or no automated.

The door is a definite that needs to be fixed. People look at me when I enter the passenger side and kick the door open. Not a great pubic advertising for the Model X or Tesla in general. Even it means they hold on to the car until 2021 I don't mind. If they are unable to install the infotainment upgrade, then I will shop around until a SC can install it. The radio tuner, I can do at a later date.

I don't want to sound like that guy, but the reason I stress this appt. is because my Model X is rented to my company during the day transporting/meeting clients, then returned to me at 5. (my CEO, CFO, COO are the ones driving it during the day). It doesn't look good when my car takes 30 mins to turn on, Infotainment freezes and the whole car goes black with no sound when driving around a client who's about to sign a hefty contract.

I had a similar issue with the Driver’s side door not opening from the outside. This is a a security / safety issue so Tesla told me to bring the car straight into the SC and they replaced it in about 3 days. I did get a loaner vehicle from them during the time. I’m surprised they didn’t take the issue as seriously in your case. If they push the appointment back again I’d call roadside assistance and see if they can get you in sooner.

I had a similar issue with the Driver’s side door not opening from the outside. This is a a security / safety issue so Tesla told me to bring the car straight into the SC and they replaced it in about 3 days. I did get a loaner vehicle from them during the time. I’m surprised they didn’t take the issue as seriously in your case. If they push the appointment back again I’d call roadside assistance and see if they can get you in sooner.

My service center did take the car last Monday. I have not heard any updates since. Since your service appointment took around 3 days, I’m hoping I’ll get the car back tomorrow or Tuesday.

Wow that’s really surprising. When I went until the service center they gave me the text message number for the center and I’ve been able to get quick responses from texting. Have you gotten your car back?

Wow that’s really surprising. When I went until the service center they gave me the text message number for the center and I’ve been able to get quick responses from texting. Have you gotten your car back?

The service center did finish the service Friday, however due to the time of completion, I was unable to pick it up (opting for pickup Monday)

I will be picking up my vehicle within the next few hours.