Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service at the Fort Worth location is complete chaos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Needed to have the windshield replaced on my 2016 Model S:

1. First appt available was 12 days out
2. Tried calling them and leaving messages to find out how long the repair would take and if a loaner would be available. Made 13 calls and left 3 messages. Zero responses
3. Tried responding to the text messages I received leading up to the appointment. No response
4. Finally forced to show up yesterday with no idea as to whether I would have the car back the same
day or would have to leave it overnight. No loaner was made available
5. Was assured that the repair would be complete the same day, and that since the glue had to cure,
I would be able to pick up the car "after hours" by unlocking the car with my app. This was after I spoke
to the manager and expressed my frustration with the lack of response.
6. 6pm came and went, no message, no response and I have no updates on my app other than "in service"
7. Tried calling/texting/emailing this morning. No response
8. While I waited for a ride in the lobby, I overheard multiple other horror stores, including the manager
explaining to an owner that their car had been inadvertently damaged by Tesla, another where the one tool
they needed to perform a certain repair had been taken away by the mobile unit, and another where the
car was returned to an owner in "service" mode where the speed was limited to 10mph.

As of now I have no idea what the status of my car is.

Ouch. That does not sound good. As a Fort Worth resident this saddens me. I want to have a good SC near me in case I need help without driving to Plano or Dallas.
I scheduled my infotainment upgrade at the Plano SC for this exact reason didn’t want a NEW shop trying to do such an invasive amount of work.

Update: After having no further information as of 11am, I called the Dallas SC and spoke to the manager there, who was somehow able to message the FW people to call me. Clearly internal lines of communication work, they just don't want customers to be able to reach them. Finally I get a call asking "So how can I help you". You have to be kidding me...this was the same guy who promised the previous day that I could pick up the car after hours.

Then he got really defensive and gave me a list of excuses - he was the only one working, the mechanics had been busy, it was a crazy day yesterday, it was really hot and the glue didn't dry..

All this doesn't change the fact that a simple text message to me saying any or all of this would have been great.

The car was finally ready at 5pm. I am supposed to get a call from the FW manager to discuss my experience.

As a company they are COMPLETELY CLUELESS as to the meaning of customer service.

Elon's service auto-pilot model (everything done by a phone app) is in a similar stage of development as his Full Self Driving auto-pilot, except that there are no nags ensuring someone at the service center is paying attention 100% of the time as is ready to take over at a moment's notice when the service auto-pilot screws up. :p
And the issue will be fixed as quickly as it is taking for FSD to be truly FSD. :p

Reactions: Bill_75D