Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service before long trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a P85 with 25,000 miles on it, I bought pre owned so I not certain about the cars entire maintenance history. I am headed to the service center to have them do some minor work, but I would like them to proactively look into some trouble spots so nothing will happen while on the cross country trip. So my question is, what are some things to have them look into, i.e. Noises, tsb's that may be out on the car etc. thanks!

From my history I would suggest:
- Heating and A/C systems - both have broken for me at the worst times
- Pano roof creaks and leaks
- Brakes - mine have been replaced / upgraded twice now due to design issues they discovered after mine was delivered
- Drive unit - check for various noises => hum over 60mph, bird whistle at 0 energy while moving, clunk noises from the rear
- Suspension - I noticed suspension noises when going over speed bumps - it turned out there were some parts loose

I hope this helps - good luck on your trip.

I think that the best thing that you could in preparation for your trip, in addition to having the service center address any issues is to check and adjust your tire pressures and maybe bumping the tires up 2 or 3 lbs of pressure to improve the roll.