Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Blues turned to Green : )

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes...My early production model X has been at the SC alot over the last 7 months...but last night I picked it up at 10pm (Yes 10pm....the SC is working double shifts to get cars back to their owners sooner). Not only were all the issues with trim and intermittent door malfunction corrected to perfection, but other items that I thought were acceptable (seal on FWD glass, visor hinges, window seals etc), were also replaced to bring the X to current rev. Although I had a Loaner S for much or my service...there is nothing like having the X back. Much easier access, beautiful panoramic window, wonderful sound system and the extreme performance. And having the auto opening doors has really grown on me...I found it really bothersome having to manually open the door when I dodn't have the X...why didn't they come up with this feature sooner. I look forward to many years of fun in the X and the delivery of the 3 in the next couple of years.....

car2.png

Excellent news! So happy to hear you've got it back and they made it right!

My X is currently at the SC too for some VERY MINOR panel alignment issues and paint imperfections found at delivery and since. Nothing functional except maybe an intermittent squeal from the drivers window when lowering and drivers side wiper blade.

I too have an S loaner (a P90D nonetheless!) and I too miss the ease of entry, auto presenting doors and huge windshield on the X. I definitely feel a bit confined with the lack of forward and upward visibility. Then again, I felt this on the test drives too, even compared to my old ICE (a Subaru).

What I do like about the S is, well, of course the fact that it's a P with Ludicrous :cool::p, but also the more snuggly fitting seats.

Glad you've got the X back! Enjoy!

Excellent news! So happy to hear you've got it back and they made it right!

My X is currently at the SC too for some VERY MINOR panel alignment issues and paint imperfections found at delivery and since. Nothing functional except maybe an intermittent squeal from the drivers window when lowering and drivers side wiper blade.

I too have an S loaner (a P90D nonetheless!) and I too miss the ease of entry, auto presenting doors and huge windshield on the X. I definitely feel a bit confined with the lack of forward and upward visibility. Then again, I felt this on the test drives too, even compared to my old ICE (a Subaru).

What I do like about the S is, well, of course the fact that it's a P with Ludicrous :cool::p, but also the more snuggly fitting seats.

Glad you've got the X back! Enjoy!

Thanks..Luv'n it...and I have the P90D with Ludicrous...It never gets old hitting the accelerator...
The two benefits of the S in my mind are
1) A much deeper Frunk (I wish the X had the deep extension the S has - Perfect for scuba tanks)
2) Folding 2nd row seat...I could throw my bike in the back without having to disassmble (But then the X is Rack compatable)
The biggest downside I found with the S
1) Entry and exit....Much easier in the X

This is giving me hope. I've had my X in the shop over 35 days since January, something like 5-6 times. I picked it up last week after another week in and all the problems they were supposed to fix are still present. I'm starting to doubt. My previous S was pretty good for almost 3 years prior...