Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service bulletin: Electronic parking brake harness rerouting (P85D)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MarcG

Oct 29, 2014
San Francisco
Hi all,

I dropped off my P85D at a Tesla service center this morning to get the center console trim on the right side re-aligned, and they just called me to let me know that the factory has issued a service bulletin stating that the electronic parking brake harness needs to be rerouted.

Apparently, the vehicle can't even be released back to the customer until the work is done (for claimed safety reasons, although my parking brake has been seemingly working fine thus far), so I have to wait until tomorrow to get my car back.

Has anyone else had this work done?

No recalls showing when I enter my VIN on that page.

Well the the service center just called me and said they were about to do the work when they found out that the electronic parking brake had already been wired properly at the factory! So no need to do the recall (I'm surprised they didn't look up my VIN before opening it up...)

Last edited:
No recalls showing when I enter my VIN on that page.

Well the the service center just called me and said they were about to do the work when they found out that the electronic parking brake had already been wired properly at the factory! So no need to do the recall (I'm surprised they didn't look up my VIN before opening it up...)

What was your EOL?