Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Bulletin SB-20-17-010 "Inspect X950 and X952 for Damaged Electrical Circuits "

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have searched the entire site and could not find a thread on this service bulletin from last month. I am still wondering if it's been discussed somewhere and maybe my search skills are lacking, but just in case.....

"Condition:
On certain Model 3 vehicles, an open electrical circuit or short to ground near connectors X950 or X952 may display a restart alert on the touchscreen, or prevent the vehicle from starting altogether.
Correction: Inspect for damaged electrical insulation near connectors X950 or X952, and perform electrical repairs, if necessary."

This impacts model years 2017-2020 and the repair requires removing the rear wheels. Not eligible for mobile service.
Here's the link to the entire service bulletin:
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10184229-9999.pdf

• Informative
Reactions: KenC and EVNation
I have not heard of this, but then I'm not looking to find these things either. Also the TSB says model years 2017 to 2020.

edit: Here's the one mention that I could find: Car died 1200 miles from home... ugh

edit2: Also, this Google search works better to find stuff buried in the site (IMHO):

site:teslamotorsclub.com <search string(s)>

For example, I used "site:teslamotorsclub.com x950" to find the post.

Last edited:
I was not aware of this Service Bulletin (SB), but Tesla Technician checked/fixed this at my last service appointment. I've had a couple service appointments on my car and each time they SB completed work, I had not known about nor requested. Only after reviewing the service invoice do I realized they performed this no-cost work.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC