Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Bulletins

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not true. My defroster vents were updated prior to initial delivery of the vehicle. Scottsdale Service Center said they apply all service bulletins and updates to each vehicle before it is delivered to a customer. When I took deliver yon 8/24, my car arrived with every single update and service bulletin performed. Pano roof was done, updated defroster vents installed, window regulator clips replaced, and a few other items.

The defroster vent change is odd... Scottsdale service has done a handful of others (including the pano roof and window regulator clips) when its been in to fix some delivery issues. But not the defroster vent...

What exactly is the "front defroster vent" fix?

It adds defroster vents for improved defogging of the windshield. They are visible and become part of the black grill that covers the speakers and vent outlets. I am getting mine done during my annual service being performed right now. My windshield frequently fogged up on the left side. Newer cars already come with the updated vents

Interesting, I was in a loaner P85+ that didnt have the front defroster vent fix yet and I noticed how nice the grill looked. Then back in my car (P85+) which had the fix. I think they've completed every bulletin, most without me mentioning an issue. By far the best service experience and support.

Each TSB is tagged with an applicability attribute - mandatory or upon-customer-request, which means you have to complain before Tesla will apply it. These are for those problems that only show up in certain cars. During your yearly service (or another service visit, if things aren't slammed too badly), Tesla will apply all the mandatory TSB's.