Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service calls

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
when I had questions or concerns for my local service center I used to pick up the phone, dial the number, and just like with my Honda dealership, spoke with my service department within a few seconds.

Now...apparently Tesla has changed things and every time I try to talk to someone I can no longer speak to my local service center, it is always some national call center and the worst part is that EVERY time I’m on hold for a half an hour....I don’t know about anyone else but I don’t have time to sit on hold for thirty minutes to have a problem solved or question answered.

Anyone else having this issue? WHat in the holy smoke is going on? I was told that it’s because there are so many Tesla’s on the road now.

when I had questions or concerns for my local service center I used to pick up the phone, dial the number, and just like with my Honda dealership, spoke with my service department within a few seconds.

Now...apparently Tesla has changed things and every time I try to talk to someone I can no longer speak to my local service center, it is always some national call center and the worst part is that EVERY time I’m on hold for a half an hour....I don’t know about anyone else but I don’t have time to sit on hold for thirty minutes to have a problem solved or question answered.

Anyone else having this issue? WHat in the holy smoke is going on? I was told that it’s because there are so many Tesla’s on the road now.

Tesla has decided that they'd rather have your money now than to have your future business.

Just went through that today. Tried to find out something as simple as how much for new tires, or whether they have parts in to perform recall repairs. Online chat help tells me to contact service center, service center phone number tells me to chat online. Another Elon genius solution I'm sure (patent pending probably) to save money on service by making it is so hard to get service that only the most persistent people get it. After all Elon has been the president of sales and service for a while now.:
Tesla President of sales and service leaves, Elon Musk takes over his responsibilities

How long before Elon is the only guy left on the production line putting cars together, because he knows better how to do it so he fired everyone who hasn't left already?

I agreed with all of the comments above. My personal experience with Tesla service this year just horrendous. Everyone indicated that the service model changed from a phone call to schedule or chat with someone online. Earlier this year I scheduled myself with an annual service for my 15 Model S with my Tesla Mobile App. Based on the app I was scheduled with a Service Center (Pomona) 2.5 weeks later. On the date of my appointment which I saved in my personal calendar I went to verify the address of the SC from my mobile app I noticed the scheduled appointment was gone. I immediately contacted Tesla central line, and (waited for 30 mins) I was told it was cancelled by the SC. I was shocked and appalled by that answer because during the entire waiting period I didn't get an update or notice of cancellation. I asked for a reason for cancellation and the answer was one of the maintenance parts was not available. That still does not justify for lack of communication and all SC did was apologize for the lack of. As of now I still have not received a call back from them about that part.

So here is the update on my second Service scheduled with them. One of my door handles stopped auto presenting itself (3rd handle that failed based on my ownership of my vehicle) 3 weeks ago. I went ahead and scheduled my appointment through the app or online as it is required by Tesla. I executed that about 2 weeks ago and it was scheduled out for June 13, 2019 for Service. That is almost about two months away. I was being generous to Tesla thinking I might receive a call from the Mobile Service team. Was I wrong about that. Last night I checked my Tesla App with my scheduled service appointment. Guess what. It disappeared from the app, and I chatted to Tesla online this morning. Tesla Service Rep told me it was cancelled and they were able to see the appointment but can't identify the root cause. So I got another apology from the rep, and he told me that he informed mobile service team about my request. No confirmation can be given and there is no chat transcript on our conversation. Now I am curious if Tesla will even contact me at all.

Also, a year ago I stood behind Tesla on their Service commitment to a few potential Tesla owners had concern over the Service. I guess "I" was wrong about Tesla. Even at this point after 4 years of ownership I am not in favour of Tesla just going through these experiences.

Reactions: StarLog
glad it’s not just me. I had lots of problems and they seem to have fixed them about a year ago but i am getting more disenchanted with Tesla with this kind of stuff. You spend this kind of money on a car you expect a certain kind of service and it’s just not there any more...it’s going down hill.

Reactions: StarLog
My experience has really been top notch here in Columbus. Maybe its just not as busy as those on the west coast but I do know they also service a lot of the Michigan owners too.

I used the app on two different occasions and was able to get in within a week.

The first was a broken window regulator when we had below 0 weather. That happened on a Sunday, immediately scheduled for Wednesday. The window became stuck open Monday and service had already ordered the new regulator and it was expected to arrive Tuesday. so they gave me a loaner and kept mine inside overnight.

the second time was for a broken rear handle that would present but not unlatch. scheduled using the app on Saturday for Thursday and received a call Monday from mobile service that they could come out Wednesday to fix it at the office.