Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center and NO Loaners - Only Uber

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My LEXUS dealer welcomes me with graciousness.
I have a new clean loaner car at my want.

The hostess at the cafe bar offers me mochas and espressos...along with a wide assortment of nibbles.
The two story waterfall is soothing as I relax in the expansive second story customer lounge...

Want home service? No Problem.
A flatbed tow truck comes to my place with a clean loaner car....takes my car to the dealer...
returns my car....ahhhhh

Concierge service? awesome...
I enjoy special deals and events...lunch at Post Ranch?
On the house...

I feel appreciated and valued.

I wouldn't put up with the crap I read about here at a Denny's...
But at a Michelin star establishment?
You must be kidding.
Spending over $100k for a car and being treated like dog dirt...
This religious fervor needs an intervention

For all the reasons others have cited here (along with some other reasons of my own...), Uber credits don't really work for me. My S was just in for service. Prior to taking in the car, I received an email from Tesla informing me that they had a "variety of transportation options when dropping off your car for service." I questioned the service writer about my "variety of transportation options": his response was Uber credits. I told him that was NOT a "variety" of options -- I even showed him the letter --- and then he told me that I could rent a vehicle from Enterprise at a "discounted Tesla" rate. Since I didn't know how long they would have my car, I had a family member come with me to drop off my S and then when I returned days later to pick it up. Not very convenient.

And as noted upthread, Lexus is really good about loaners. Certainly it is baked into their service rates, but it is really convenient. Their loaners are always sparkling clean. I've owned a Lexus SUV for years --- I need it for business --- and it has served me well. I can haul stuff inside of it --- including large saws, ladders, a myriad of hand tools..... things I couldn't really fit into either my S or X.

For all the reasons others have cited here (along with some other reasons of my own...), Uber credits don't really work for me. Since I didn't know how long they would have my car, I had a family member come with me to drop off my S and then when I returned days later to pick it up. Not very convenient.

I completely agree with you that having Uber credits as the only option is unacceptable. But if you know for a fact that they're not going to give you a loaner then how could it possibly be MORE CONVENIENT to have a family member accompany you to both dropoff/pickup than to simply use the Uber credits for that purpose?

Very concerned about this. The West LA SC just text me to tell me that they offer Uber credits. Problem is that while I work in Santa Monica, I live 70 miles from here. The text also said I’m looking at a 5 day turnaround. Uber credits will not work as one trip is $100 from home to work. While I don’t have a 100k S, I do have a 70K Performance Model 3. Are they still holding firm on no loaners?

I still have the leftover credits from yesterday’s service. I wonder if I can use it today?

It depends. They told me that they were setting them to expire at noon the following day just in case the service took longer than anticipated. I don't recall if the Uber app communicated this deadline to me.

I think if the credits are still showing up in the Uber app, you can probably use them.

Is BMW getting rid of loaners??? Take a look at an email they sent me last week.
Screenshot_20200205-201019_Email.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: brkaus
How can they set a $100/day limit?

Surely they owe you whatever your costs are. If you need to rent a vehicle to move some furniture or if you need more than $100 of Uber service a day then too bad, they have to pay.

If you sued them they would be liable for your loss, right?

I've been here. Needed to go to the airport, taxi was £150 and the insurance company was not very happy but they had to pay it.

How can they set a $100/day limit?

Surely they owe you whatever your costs are. If you need to rent a vehicle to move some furniture or if you need more than $100 of Uber service a day then too bad, they have to pay.

If you sued them they would be liable for your loss, right?

I've been here. Needed to go to the airport, taxi was £150 and the insurance company was not very happy but they had to pay it.

I'm not convinced purchasing a vehicle comes with any implied availability, this kind of argument is more or less like you got a SLA with your car, which would be great. Most of what I've seen for a car warranty is that they are responsible for fixing your car in a "reasonable" manner on their dime, but the loaner / alternate transportation is considered a goodwill courtesy.

When you have your insurance, your rental / loss-of-use coverage provides more of a guarantee that you will have alternate transportation in the event that your car is unavailable to be used for certain kinds of "covered losses" (which generally excludes mechanical trouble not resulting from a collision)

I'm not convinced purchasing a vehicle comes with any implied availability, this kind of argument is more or less like you got a SLA with your car, which would be great. Most of what I've seen for a car warranty is that they are responsible for fixing your car in a "reasonable" manner on their dime, but the loaner / alternate transportation is considered a goodwill courtesy.

Maybe it's different in the US but here in the UK you can recover costs if they did something that forced you to incur them. So if the car is defective and that costs you money they owe you that money. You have a duty to minimize your costs but that's it.

I frequently drive from Connecticut to NYC for work. I have Ubered it before and it is well over $100 per ride. Luckily to my knowledge the NYC Metro area still gives loaners.

I gave my 2017 X P100D and they gave me a 2015 S but at least its a car.