Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center and/or Supercharger - Signal Hill, CA (Long Beach area)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MOD

Can we update the title to say “(Long Beach area)” at the end?

Long Beach is across the street and actually surrounds Signal Hill which is a VERY small city. Lots of people know Long Beach but not Signal Hill.

Small update. More signage.

57E07CDB-0DE1-4040-945E-B4239C627A77.jpeg

Reactions: EC92 and bmah
Today. Then I headed to Señor Big Ed for dinner
62F828A4-708D-430C-9A62-832EE60EB550.jpeg
E43E852F-1183-412D-8020-F3919FEB98A7.jpeg

Attachments

• 0C05958A-CA0F-471F-8070-1DBD93D68C80.jpeg
    0C05958A-CA0F-471F-8070-1DBD93D68C80.jpeg
    317.8 KB · Views: 62
  • B723F8E5-84BD-4945-B2CD-C4257D9169FD.jpeg
    B723F8E5-84BD-4945-B2CD-C4257D9169FD.jpeg
    254.5 KB · Views: 60
  • A67EA438-1EA4-47E1-B335-9D1C0BBD360F.jpeg
    A67EA438-1EA4-47E1-B335-9D1C0BBD360F.jpeg
    392.2 KB · Views: 71
Yup. I just literally drove by myself minutes ago. Lots of people driving into get their new cars.

Not sure that anyone can charge here yet though. It looked like every single charger had a new car waiting to be picked up taking up a charger spot.

Have to try by at night and see if lit gates are still open, any spots open, and active after hours.

Yup. I just literally drove by myself minutes ago. Lots of people driving into get their new cars.

Not sure that anyone can charge here yet though. It looked like every single charger had a new car waiting to be picked up taking up a charger spot.

Have to try by at night and see if lit gates are still open, any spots open, and active after hours.
I drove by last night around 10PM and there were two unoccupied spots.

Just thought I would check the official Tesla Find Us page and there is there is nothing on the map yet and no mention of it.

Seems like a soft opening so far. Doesn’t look like the two floors inside are fully finished yet either.

Last edited:
MOD - PLEASE REVIEW AND UPDATE THREAD

Per manager there will be no public access charging on any of the SuperCharger or destination chargers - even after hours.

Changing will be largely for delivery center cars as well as service; though service bay has many chargers itself.

Exceptions can be made on a case by case basis after discussing with manager. IE you can't make it to say PCH, Cerritos, or Lakewood and they'll let you get a quick charge in. Manager was unaware Lakewood was being built out, had never been to LGB-PCH and only once to Cerritos.

I tried to discuss various other things with them I already knew from other visits and employees; including the full inside building walkthrough I posted earlier but the manager was like I can't discuss that, or that's confidential, etc.

They had just finished a hands on all company meeting when I got there as about 50+ employees all in their outfits were being led around the various areas.

There was also someone that was starting paperwork on a new car while I was there.

Otherwise it was very quiet.

Most of the cars that were pictured previously above from the other day are mostly gone now.

According to manager they are now on the website but I still don't see it on the Find Us map.

Last edited:
I dropped by as well and was told the chargers are ONLY for new vehicle deliveries and service center visits. The lady I spoke with stated both the superchargers and destination chargers were NOT open to the public. She said the city of Long Beach 'prohibited' the use of the land as a public charger. But they aren't even in Long Beach... and I doubt Signal Hill would prohibit that use. ;)

I think we're going to just need to see if they're turned off, inactivated, or the gates locked after close of business.

It would be nice, but unlikely, that maybe they would work for the public but just not promoted as such.

This location is so much closer than LGB/PCH one.