Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center - Bedford NH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I decided to search through Bedford NH Planning Board meeting minutes to see if any superchargers were planned, instead I found a proposal for an electric vehicle dealership for which an NDA is signed. It seems like a supercharger is possible, but they could just be referencing charging for vehicles being serviced or delivered. From the Oct 25 2021 meeting minutes it is obvious that it is a proposed design for Tesla. The parcel is across from the (former?) Mark’s Showplace & Sullivan tire on South River rd in Bedford, so diagonally across from Land Rover. In regards to a possible supercharger, a 24 hour gas station on the same road was denied immediately prior to reviewing this design. This is a perfect location for a charger on the route to MHT airport, so cross your fingers.

Meeting minutes here

Attachments

• D5C37DBB-3437-4320-B903-BE01BD612906.jpeg
    D5C37DBB-3437-4320-B903-BE01BD612906.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 737
This is really exciting. Continue to scratch my head at the line of questioning sometimes from these planning boards... it seems like an opportunity for board members to just blab about their personal opinions sometimes. The repeated questioning about the amount of parking seeming excessive was silly. If this is Tesla, it will be the only delivery center in entire state of NH for now... and serving VT and ME deliveries as well (presumably)... it seems logical they would have excessive parking space requirements to conduct that kind of operation. Also, the repeated suggestions that, because this tenant is an EV company, that they have an added responsibility to consider intalling solar panels and sustainable irrigation systems, etc... made me think; is this a suggestion they made to Land Rover when they built? Or, more recently, Mini? Or any other ICE manufacturer dealership or any other gas station in town? Probably not. Anyway, stepping off my soap box... this is great news. ;-)

That's good news. I'd prefer Nashua instead of Bedford but it's still a big improvement because it's not on Route 128. The physical distance to Bedford NH is about the same as Dedham for me but the virtual distance is a lot closer because the traffic is some much less.

Probably pointing out the obvious, but this foray into the upper Northeast should coincide nicely with the new production volume to come from Giga Texas which is supposed to supply the East as I recall. The wait was frustrating, but makes sense.

Reactions: kayak1
Super nice for me it is on my way to work. About 20 miles from home and 15 from work.
Not much in the area in walking distance if you are waiting for service. There is one pizza place.
It will require Doordash or uber. In any case, it's a much better for car delivery. I would rather drive to NH than NJ for my next car. (That said I am hoping to take delivery of my cyber truck and do a factory tour in Austin then drive home).

Reactions: Gwgan
I am not sure if it is going to be a Tesla Service Center. It keeps referring it as a "dealership". As we know, Tesla has no dealership.
1 - Frankly, that's a semantic distinction few outside of the "Tesla faithful" (and a few legislators) understand or care about. The developer probably doesn't understand the difference, and certainly couldn't care less about educating the planning board about it if he did.

2 - The only "store only" locations without service in the northeast are in malls/shopping centers. This is not that kind of location.

3 - The minutes clearly say "a 36,000 square foot building that would handle the dealership plus the service bays and so forth"

Conclusion - it's a standalone sales and service "dealership" like Dedham, Peabody, or Norwell. Nothing else makes sense.

Drove by what is supposed to be the proposed site, and I'm worried the lot is going to be woefully undersized. The apartment complex directly abuts this plot, and the plot immediately next to it already has land being cleared for something, and next to that is Bedford Event Center. Maybe Tesla bought both lots and they're already working on one of them before the business has received approval. But I'm not so sure.

Reactions: MikeHawk