Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center - Bedford NH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not sure if it is going to be a Tesla Service Center. It keeps referring it as a "dealership". As we know, Tesla has no dealership.
If I recall correctly, Tesla is allowed to have dealership in New Hampshire. There was a bill in New Hampshire some years ago that opened up the possibility for Tesla to have a dealership. it gave franchise dealerships more freedom to set their own labor rates in warranty repairs, but allowed manufacturer dealerships.

It should be noted that there are markings for two "super chargers" and four wall chargers on the side of the building. Another Tesla breadcrumb. Two would indicate they are not intending to offer customer supercharging at this facility - these would be intended and likely reserved for service and delivery prep use only.
Yeah, too bad bc the next superchargers are either Hooksett or the planned one in Tyngsboro. Strange considering there’s so much population between those areas.

The left border on each of the 25 pdf pages state, "Tesla Concept Design/Production Drawings".....Would love to see Tesla push to start the project soon. They could also save a few bucks by avoiding overwinter site stabilization work, required after October 15th.
Nice catch - are you a lawyer? Who else would notice and read that fine print! ;)

• Funny
Reactions: MikeHawk
What is "overwinter site stabilization work"?
Prevent errosion come Spring is what I’ve been told.
Maine example: https://www.cicacenter.org/bmp/0602.pdf.pdf

Also it’s common here in Maine to let a Fall-poured foundation settle through Spring thaws before building resumes to account for movement.

If they can get a shell up and grass growing before the overwinter date they don’t have to make it a two step process.

• Informative
Reactions: RiverBrick
Nice catch - are you a lawyer? Who else would notice and read that fine print! ;)
Actually that credit goes to my wife. She picked up on the print when zoomed in on one of the pdf pages. While I was in the weeds, she was reviewing the site plans for species of trees and plants. Part of Tesla's Bedford site landscape proposal.
She's ordering her MYP this year. Been following the 4680's, Ryzen chip, etc. So if there's any crumb leading to a NH delivery shortcut, she'll pick up the trail!
What is "overwinter site stabilization work"?
Yeah, could have explained that better. @Gwgan just provided a good explanation. Halfway thru the Tesla Bedford pdf, site plans call for additional erosion control measures that need to be implemented by Oct. 15th. Mentioned are areas/gradients that would require mulch, seeding, anchored netting, stone or hillside erosion control blankets, which are typically biodegradable.

Reactions: Tdreamer and kayak1
Site plan was not approved at yesterday's meeting - continued to April 18th with some additional information requested upon which it seems possible planning board approval will be issued.
It's interesting - after watching the meeting several planning board members were really vocal about wanting to include public charging access at this location (ex. a set of 12 superchargers). The charging in the plan as submitted is exclusively for Tesla service use and not intended to be publicly available. The planning board also didn't think the two superchargers being proposed could be excluded from showing up in-car even as they were not for public use. The developer was asked to get clarifying information on if this was possible (it is - there are many service centers with private superchargers that don't show up in-car), and I believe also to ask if they would be willing to allow customer use of these two chargers if that was all that was going to be installed on-site.

A planning board went so far as to say that not including 12+ chargers for public use was unfriendly and not demonstrating the manufacturers interest in supporting the community. Interesting - we'll see what comes of this going forward. I relayed this info to a contact in the supercharger team for awareness in case the team working to get this site built isn't communicating with the supercharger site development team internally.

It's interesting - after watching the meeting several planning board members were really vocal about wanting to include public charging access at this location (ex. a set of 12 superchargers). The charging in the plan as submitted is exclusively for Tesla service use and not intended to be publicly available. The planning board also didn't think the two superchargers being proposed could be excluded from showing up in-car even as they were not for public use. The developer was asked to get clarifying information on if this was possible (it is - there are many service centers with private superchargers that don't show up in-car), and I believe also to ask if they would be willing to allow customer use of these two chargers if that was all that was going to be installed on-site.

A planning board went so far as to say that not including 12+ chargers for public use was unfriendly and not demonstrating the manufacturers interest in supporting the community. Interesting - we'll see what comes of this going forward. I relayed this info to a contact in the supercharger team for awareness in case the team working to get this site built isn't communicating with the supercharger site development team internally.
So, it's "unfriendly" for this proposed Tesla Service Center to not supply car charging? Sheer ignorance on the part of the Bedford planning board. Hope next meeting someone reminds them about the number of gas pumps available at the Jaguar Land Rover dealership across the street.