Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center - Bedford NH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Everybody
Replying to @Elonmusk

Finally!

Although of course this doesn't actually mean they'll do it, but at least they understand it's costing them sales.
Tesla certainly has a problem to address. I've been without AC for 10 days. Finally got an appointment for this week. Could be a lot worse if I lived in a hotter climate.

• Informative
Reactions: MikeHawk and kayak1
Just drove by the proposed lot for this service center, and the Rent/Buy sign out on S. River Road has been removed! I figure this is a good sign.
When I was at Norwell for AC service they were aware of the Bedford rumors and certainly didn't try and down play them.

By the way my AC problem in my post above ended up being a rodent who ate a wire to one of the connectors. They showed me the wire and connector and you could clearly see the bite marks.

I'm not sure how a rumor like this could have ever been started, to be honest. The only change to the site since the plan was released is that the for sale sign has been taken down. This lot is covered in dense overgrowth all the way back to the Kensington Apartments parking structure and pool area. I'd be very curious to know where this rumor started, because whoever told you this info just flat out lied to you.

PXL_20220910_163208094.jpg

PXL_20220910_163202511.jpg

And yes, this location is directly across the street from a bikini bar strip club. Directly to the right of the image above is a Sullivan Tire, as well. Behind me in these images is a Land Rover dealership.

Just heard a rumor that there is now a building or at least part of one. Anyone able to check.
Pass by almost every day. Haven’t seen any activity at all. This is the view today from the Technology Drive entrance. Feel bad for the person that draws the small straw and has to open that tractor trailer which looks like it’s been sitting there for 10 years. 😳

Attachments

• D468455C-F55C-4D81-9FA9-4B2F5638BA8F.jpeg
    D468455C-F55C-4D81-9FA9-4B2F5638BA8F.jpeg
    725.3 KB · Views: 37
Bedford is fine. They will need to slowly crawl further north though. I figured somewhere in the northern part of Manchester would be the obvious answer but now I'd guess the next one will be up in Concord to serve the north country. Portland ME is likely also at some point.
Rutland or Burlington VT (more likely Burlington) for Vermont.

Bedford is fine. They will need to slowly crawl further north though. I figured somewhere in the northern part of Manchester would be the obvious answer but now I'd guess the next one will be up in Concord to serve the north country. Portland ME is likely also at some point.
Rutland or Burlington VT (more likely Burlington) for Vermont.
There's a big concentration of Teslas in the Upper Valley, so somewhere near the 89/91 junction would work well

Burlington could cover Hanover/West Leb nicely as well as most of north/Central VT.
Bedford NH is actually closer (time and distance) to Hanover/West Leb then Burlington (and no sales tax on parts). I'd argue Bedford, Upper Valley, and Burlington are all needed.

I can think of at least 4 Upper Valley police departments that have considered and rejected Model 3's for police duty because of the lack of local service.

I guess just having split my time between New England and Utah over the last 2 years (From Killington down to Boston) there really just aren't that many Tesla's in the area yet considering it's size. Utah is the size of New England and has 1 (soon to be 2) service centers, yet we have more than double the number of Teslas in the same area.
South of NH it's picking up steam fast though, especially in southern New England, (CT down to NYC).

Then again while I felt Utah has an outsized Tesla presence compared to New England, visiting the Bay Area opened my eyes quite a bit. Felt like every 4th car around SF was an EV.

I guess just having split my time between New England and Utah over the last 2 years (From Killington down to Boston) there really just aren't that many Tesla's in the area yet considering it's size. Utah is the size of New England and has 1 (soon to be 2) service centers, yet we have more than double the number of Teslas in the same area.
I really believe the reason there aren't enough Teslas in northern New England is because there are no service centers. The nearest SC to us is 4 hours away in Albany, I took a major risk buying a Tesla in the first place. A few people I know would not even consider a Tesla unless there was a SC within a 1 hour drive. By not having service everywhere, they are really turning off a lot of potential customers. Burlington VT would be ideal for a SC.