Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center brushed me off over and over again

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car was delivered in March and 2 days later I noticed several paint inclusions on the front bumper, hood and side fenders. So I brought it into a service center to have it looked at and they said that they'll take care of it with some hesitation. This SC sent me to a 3rd party auto body shop to get a professional opinion and send a list of items that need repair to create a due bill. The 3rd party service center said all the panels need to be repainting and saw rock chips on the windshield. My paint is uneven all over my car.

This is where it begins....SC stated that I was put on a queue for paint correction. Stating the wait is a few months out so i'll receive notification when i'm up. 5 months pass and I go back in just to get a status update. SC rep says the manager can give me an update but he's busy at the moment, but be assured that i'm still on the queue.
Two months pass and I go in, this time talking to a different rep at this location. The rep says there is NO RECORD of a due bill. But kindly schedules me a service appointment in two weeks.

Turns out, the rep scheduled me for service at a completely different service center. So when I brought my car in stating I was getting paint correction and windshield glass replacement, they had no record. No approved due bill to work off of.
Luckily the service manager at this location took care of things.

Lesson learned: Gets things in writing. Some service centers have terrible customer service. And SCs are lean due to high volume of customers. Even the SC rep at the second location stated they unfortunately can't provide the same service quality as they did years ago when they had fewer customers.

confused. You state their was a misunderstanding and you had zero paperwork , but yet the service maneger stepped in and took care of you?

That sounds like the sort of situation people come to a website and praise a company for, not complain.

When I took delivery I noticed some minor paint blemishes on my vehicle. They scheduled me for service. It took them 6 months to finally call me. I called a few times during that 6 month period and each time they said I was number x or y on the queue. It's funny because I somehow kept getting pushed back down the queue. Initially I was number 20 something in line. Then next time I called I was 30 something. My guess is they choose who to service base on the severity of the issues. Since my issues were minor I got placed on the backburner.

When I took delivery I noticed some minor paint blemishes on my vehicle. They scheduled me for service. It took them 6 months to finally call me. I called a few times during that 6 month period and each time they said I was number x or y on the queue. It's funny because I somehow kept getting pushed back down the queue. Initially I was number 20 something in line. Then next time I called I was 30 something. My guess is they choose who to service base on the severity of the issues. Since my issues were minor I got placed on the backburner.
At least you got a call and queue number! I had to personally walk in to a SC to get any update.

confused. You state their was a misunderstanding and you had zero paperwork , but yet the service maneger stepped in and took care of you?

That sounds like the sort of situation people come to a website and praise a company for, not complain.
True true. I'm complaining about the first SC. I am praising the second SC. As I said at the end SOME SCs have terrible customer service.

Reactions: Joshan