Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center canceled my FSD update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car was on 2022.44.30.2 while it was at the service center for 2 weeks I got a tessie notification that 2022.45.13 was ready to install.

I asked the service center if they could install it so I could use fsd when I picked up the car and they said sure thing and pushed the update.

Picked up the car today and it is still on 2022.44.30.2 with no updates available. Checking on the software page it says I am up to date.

Asked the service center and they said 2022.44.30.2 is the latest version for my car.

I'm kicking myself I should have just not mentioned anything and I would probably have FSD beta now. What should I do? I'm concerned I'm going to be stuck in a limbo since it tried to push the update already it won't push it again.

Update in case this happens to anyone else in the future and you find this with a Google search or something.

My theory is that the service center just never pushed the update when they said they did. For certain updates Tesla only allows a set number of downloads or recalls the update because there was some issue with it. I suspect this is what happened, by the time I picked up the car the update was no longer the newest version as it was fsd beta v11.3.4 and v11.3.6 was already rolling out to vehicles so v11.3.4 was pulled and I had to wait for v11.3.6

I got the v11.3.6 (2022.45.15) update last night so it took about 24-48 hours after picking up the vehicle.

I'm kicking myself I should have just not mentioned anything and I would probably have FSD beta now. What should I do? I'm concerned I'm going to be stuck in a limbo since it tried to push the update already it won't push it again.
The fact that you had the update pending earlier doesn’t preclude you from getting it later, if they schedule it for your car.

Reactions: Yelobird