Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center Care

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The lack of loaners doesn't just affect travel/distance - a baby, a car seat, and a stroller - I'm not going to be lugging those around in an Uber.. Especially the baby (not even 9 months old)... Had a doctor's appointment scheduled for her last week, the same day as my service appointment (originally scheduled in April and then postponed since they couldn't duplicate the issue that day even though they had the pictures and logs... and then rescheduled a month ago, that kept getting pushed until they had ordered the replacement parts)...

Couldn't risk pushing the appointment again (since I had lost access to the ports/touchscreen again the night before), so, just had to go there late in the afternoon after the wife was free to drive me back, even though the appointment was for 8am...

The below is what I received via text. I am not guaranteed a loaner. I sent an email to the service lady that I have been dealing with. I told her that I would push the appointment out for another 4 weeks in order to get a loaner.

My list of issues:
  1. Windshield vipers dont work sometime
  2. middle screen goes blank (reboot) while I am driving especially after a car wash
  3. loud grinding noise when turning the wheels at low speed
  4. right falcon door won't open occasionally
  5. left falcon door wont close occasionally

-------------
Hello, When you arrive for your appointment, please CLICK the link for CHECK IN [Microsoft Forms]. You can stay in your car, and we will call you to complete Check-In. Tesla Devon is offering UBER Vouchers for Courtesy Transportation for all appointments at this time. Courtesy Vehicles are subject to availability at time of Check In and Repair requirements. All normal non-wheel/tire services have a completion expectation of at least 5+ business days due to additional Coronavirus parameters currently in place. Non-safety add-on's at Check In will require rescheduling. Your Vehicle Key is required for service. To reschedule or review your appointment you can use your Tesla App. Thank you and stay safe!

Do you know what is very sad, the service used to be excellent. They used to really go out of their way to help customers and solve all the issues. If I didn’t have three service centers all within 5 miles of my house, I would not buy Tesla now. Plus they are denying legitimate warranty issues as cosmetic.

Reactions: SabrToothSqrl
I agree when i first got my X they would call the mobile tech directly and they would show up in a couple days and fix any issue! Now, they say they only come to our area the second Tuesday of the month. And the number of things they allow them to repair has declined. I think they will allow them to replace wipers and that’s about it...

I agree when i first got my X they would call the mobile tech directly and they would show up in a couple days and fix any issue! Now, they say they only come to our area the second Tuesday of the month. And the number of things they allow them to repair has declined. I think they will allow them to replace wipers and that’s about it...

I was charged $60 for wipers on a $80,000 car that was only 6 months old. #TeslaCustomerService

I was charged $60 for wipers on a $80,000 car that was only 6 months old. #TeslaCustomerService
Consider yourself as having gotten a good deal - mine cost $78.75 ($70 for the blades and $8.75 for the install). I thought it was only going to cost $35, since that what they cost in the Tesla Store online. But they're $35 a PIECE, not a PAIR. They're listed as "Model X Wiper Blades" (with an "s" on the end). Logic would suggest this means a pair. It does not.

Im really really worried about Tesla service. They kind of suck now. They only reply via texting, I can't call anyone or talk to anyone. I have an appointment tomorrow 1.5 hrs away and have asked several times for the past few weeks about a loaner, now they say they can't guarantee anything . Its going to get bad... with model 3 and model y now. If it continues like this, I may just sell the vehicle and move on.

I’ve never not been offered a loaner. In fact lately (mainly due to SC operating in Covid mode) I’ve declined the offer. You, being in Michigan, certainly knew service was going to be a bit of a challenge. Don’t forget there is no REQUIRED routine maintenance. If you are away from the SC, you should be able to arrange or confirm a loaner a few days out from your appointment. They’ll want a copy of your drivers license in advance, so they can set up the car with no contact delivery.

I’ve never not been offered a loaner. In fact lately (mainly due to SC operating in Covid mode) I’ve declined the offer. You, being in Michigan, certainly knew service was going to be a bit of a challenge. Don’t forget there is no REQUIRED routine maintenance. If you are away from the SC, you should be able to arrange or confirm a loaner a few days out from your appointment. They’ll want a copy of your drivers license in advance, so they can set up the car with no contact delivery.

My car has been in the service center probably 8 times since I purchased in a few years ago. Each time they came and got it and gave me a loaner, even giving me a p100 model s one time, that was fun. They finally answered my messages and gave me more details about my rescheduled appointment so all is good.

Interesting to read the huge difference existing in SC experiences and build quality across different cars.

My car (Nov '19 Model X Raven) has been in SC 5 times now with just 7000 miles and keeps having new issues nearly every week:
- Windows dont close sometimes and make terrible noises while going up.
- Wind noise was horrible on delivery.
- Supercharging suddenly stopped working.
- Air suspension stopped working.
- Error messages about seat belts coming on and off randomly.
- Error messages about parking sensors coming on and off randomly.
- Car getting both screens black for 20+ minutes while driving in the highway (impossible to restart with any known procedure)
- Misalignments in FWDs.
- Shudder.
- Suspension metallic noise while turning.
- Vibrations in highway.
- Etc

Having owned a lot of different cars over the years (some cheaper than MX and some of them more expensive) I have to say I have never received such a bad service than the one provided by the SC in Madrid (Spain).

Not only are the number of problems I have experienced way more than expected for a car this price, but also the the SC treats you like *sugar* and normally returns the car without a proper fix and/or with new issues that werent there when you left the car and that are clearly caused by the labour performed while in service.

I absolutely loved Tesla, its mission and the MX since it was unveiled. This is probably the car I have been more excited about owning in my life.

Still love the car and its tech but I cannot be more sad and dissapointed so far with the service experience and it makes me wish I had never bought the car in the first place.

Reactions: nuP90D and rjdoc74
I set up a appointment to test drive a X and possibly purchase. Left waiting in the parking lot for 30 minutes before someone came out and told me they did not even have a car for me to drive. The selling side does not seem much better than the service side.
I wish the YAHOO “journalist” report this, so Elon can see...