Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center Charge Concern

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model Y (March delivery) is currently sitting at a paint shop near my Tesla Service Center in Jacksonville FL for almost 2 weeks. I’m able to see the SOC and it’s sitting around 3% now, and I’m worried that it’s about to do damage to the battery/be un-drivable upon pickup. I already moved the charge slider and it says the max charge would be only 75%!!!

To make matters worse, I can’t get a hold of anyone at the service center whether it be call, text or email. The app essentially just keeps kicking the completion date down the road every couple days. I did receive a text on the initial completion date saying I would receive a call with an update, but that has never happened yet. Otherwise, no reply to any of my texts. I would drive by and check myself, but it’s almost 2 hours away and I don’t want to waste my time if it isn’t done.

So far my service experiences have been utterly terrible and I don’t understand how Tesla can keep this business model going long term. None of my issues tend to ever be completed at all, or in any reasonable amount of time. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Reactions: ArtK and CO_MY
Sorry you've had this experience, very normal with Tesla sadly. I'd suggest driving down there and biting the bullet. Awful situation but they will likely NOT make it right if the battery rots.

Have you tried contacting other Tesla numbers? I heard something off hand about the roadside being able to direct you to someone?

My Model Y (March delivery) is currently sitting at a paint shop near my Tesla Service Center in Jacksonville FL for almost 2 weeks. I’m able to see the SOC and it’s sitting around 3% now, and I’m worried that it’s about to do damage to the battery/be un-drivable upon pickup. I already moved the charge slider and it says the max charge would be only 75%!!!
!
This brings up an interesting question - if you go to get the car and there is basically no charge, I guess you could get a little juice from a regular outlet at the paint shop. But does roadside service have the ability to give you a small charge, enough to get to a real charge point? Like a mobile PowerWall?