Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center Disappointment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
:mad: So my first experience with a Tesla Service Center was horrible. I originally made the appointment about 6 weeks ago with the new SC in Lake Forest (Calif). My appointment was schedule for this morning. I arrived on time and they were busy helping others. When I was finally called I sat there and the service writer asked for my name and after pulling me up on their computer, she wrote up my appointment for the item that was on my original request. I told her I had other items; 8 in total. She said that she can only help me with the item that was on my original request and she couldn’t add any other items.. WTF… did she expect me to come back another 6 or 7 times to fix the 8 items I had? Worse, I had amended the original service request about a month ago to add the issue with my brakes locking up. She didn’t care and she wouldn’t budge so I left. I am now rethinking the whole Tesla car thing. Anyone can sell you a car, the real difference is after the sale service. If they can’t provide that, then having a tesla is almost useless. When I was looking for an EV, I almost bought a Kia Niro, it’s a little smaller and has the same range as the SR+ and the price was about the same, it just lacks the SR+ performance.

Just very disappointed in the whole experience.

Multiple times when I arrived for my appointed day for service, only a subset of my initially reported issues were listed on the work order. I've never had an issue having them add things on the day of the appointment.

Then again, I don't live in SoCal where there are a sh*tton of Teslas everywhere and service centers are swamped.

Montréal canada is the worst i think !!! I try for the last 18 days to join someone on the phone and nobody answer !!!
YARK YARK Tesla lost so many point here!

Elon do something ... you own all those dealership !!

Time to ask for a Manager. She has a boss, and he/she has a regional boss. Someone along the line will give a fuk. Unfortunately this is Tesla'a problem. Zero comprehension of customer service. Great car. Zero followup.

Or make an eight more appointments. When you get there ask for a loaner every time. When someone with a brain comes along ans asks why you made eight separate appointments, refer them to her.

Reactions: tvad and 0ptions
Try the mobile app. It would not accept my actual address but would take the next descent over and they call before they show up so you can get them to your house.

As for Montreal: before I figured out how to fool the app to get mobile service I made several appointments with the Montreal SC. Each time I would get a confirmation e-mail within a few minutes and then the next day another saying my appointment had been rescheduled at Tysons Corner, where I bought the car. But it wasn't in need of service in Virginia. It was in need of service in Estrie.

I did find the mobile service good, though.

I made a new appointment (I hate using the app to make an appointment). But this time instead of typing in the app, I copied my list and pasted the WHOLE list into the app. It accepted all 8 items and scheduled a mobile service tech at my home in ~2 weeks. At least this saves me the hour long round trip time, well, unless they reschedule it for a service center.

Reactions: tvad
Time to ask for a Manager. She has a boss, and he/she has a regional boss. Someone along the line will give a fuk. Unfortunately this is Tesla'a problem. Zero comprehension of customer service. Great car. Zero followup.

Or make an eight more appointments. When you get there ask for a loaner every time. When someone with a brain comes along ans asks why you made eight separate appointments, refer them to her.

The problem is there is no escalation path. That person may have a boss somewhere but they’ll tell you the same thing.

And they don’t care if you make 1 appointment or 100. Nothing is going to “click” in anyone’s head.

Tesla’s mission is selling cars. The customer service aspect was dismantled alongside the Model 3 launch. Welcome to the reality of “they have your money already and don’t care about you”.

Reactions: St☰v☰
Multiple times when I arrived for my appointed day for service, only a subset of my initially reported issues were listed on the work order. I've never had an issue having them add things on the day of the appointment.

Then again, I don't live in SoCal where there are a sh*tton of Teslas everywhere and service centers are swamped.

In So Cal they now send you an email with the appt confirmation that you can ONLY get service for what was on the original ticket unless it is safety related. No ifs ands or buts, you will be rescheduled for another appt later.

It sucks, so now I have to make sure I have the entire laundry list collected on the first ticket. Granted they still leave crap off when I go to pick the car up, but that seems to be par for the course now.

I am now rethinking the whole Tesla car thing. Anyone can sell you a car, the real difference is after the sale service. If they can’t provide that, then having a tesla is almost useless.

Sorry, feel your pain. I have had worse service experiences with Tesla than I have had with any other make. It wasn't this bad when we bought our first cars, they used to take good care of you. But after the Production Hell became Service Hell, Tesla has been trying to cut costs and streamline service to the detriment to their customers.

I am keeping my cars for now but keeping an eyeball on the competition. Just wish I liked crossovers/SUVs, that is all the other guys have in the works right now.

If Tesla hasn't cleaned up their service act by the time we are ready to sell, I will be jumping ship.

In So Cal they now send you an email with the appt confirmation that you can ONLY get service for what was on the original ticket unless it is safety related. No ifs ands or buts, you will be rescheduled for another appt later.

That makes sense. The policy gives them a chance at addressing the volume. I think I would still be very upset if they miss things on the work order I had reported the first time around, esp if they refuse to correct their mistake the day of.

I think we all need to be patient with Tesla service. I had a pretty good experience so far. I've been there twice. Only one issue so I cannot comment on the multi-issue limitation. Fabrice was my main person in Needham Mass SC. besides being really nice, knowledgeable and willing to help he eventually was able to take car of my issue. Talk to them, make clear what your main problem is and I'm sure they will try their best.

All this preamble to come to the main point which is, if in the foreseeable future we will be able to eliminate NADA dealers from the face of this planet, that will be a great win for everybody. I'm willing to put up with Tesla while they learn how a car OEM can directly deal with customers, hoping to win a much more important long term battle.

If you haven't figured it out I hate associations like car dealership and realtors. There must be a better future for all of us.