Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center Experience Latham NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My experiences have been good. I had one warranty issue which they agreed to take care of without too much discussion and I had one mobile service visit out of that center that was excellent.

I don't know for a fact, but just overhearing conversations it sounds like they use Enterprise if you need another car vs. a Tesla loaner.

Used them once..no problems. Got a new model x loaner with FSD. That was fun but I love my MY. There is also a Tesla approved body shop nearby which I hope to never use. I must say (fingers crossed) that after reading about all the quality issues, my MY which I took delivery of about a month ago seems to be in very good shape. Only minor problems. One thing that is a little annoying is that the tail light fitment is slightly off but told that it is “within specs”

• Informative
Reactions: Rg3500
Used them once..no problems. Got a new model x loaner with FSD. That was fun but I love my MY. There is also a Tesla approved body shop nearby which I hope to never use. I must say (fingers crossed) that after reading about all the quality issues, my MY which I took delivery of about a month ago seems to be in very good shape. Only minor problems. One thing that is a little annoying is that the tail light fitment is slightly off but told that it is “within specs”
I have a similar issue w/ my MY and I'm seeing them Monday. I think I will be told the same. Do you, or does anyone know, if you can by parts from them, like extra wheels?

So had my service appointment today.

All of the issues, except the front trunk misalignment and the rear seat backs not being level were “within spec” which I sort of expected. The seat and front trunk were fixed.

Best of all I was informed at delivery that the factory had run out of trailer hitches and it would be drop shipped to me or the service center in Latham for local installation. Actually, the trailer hitch was there all along, just like the Wizard of Oz, I could have used it at any time.

I asked if MY can use the 18 inch M3 wheels and the service rep didn’t know, disappointing answer.

I did get a quote for 4 19inch wheels, TPMS sensors and wheel covers to use for winter tires; $3500. That does not include the tires. Really? I mean, REALLY?

The guys in Latham seemed busy, without enough help; Mike, the man I dealt with was helpful enough but seemed stressed out and was juggling a bunch of things.

Main problem solved. Notified them of something weird that happened last night and twice last week where I saw a message saying the right pillar camera is absent or blocked as I was driving down a dark road, appointment made for August.

All in all 3/5⭐

• Informative
Reactions: Rg3500
Hi folks, I was just thinking...

What has been the experience of people who have used the service center in Latham (Albany) NY?

Positives, negatives, loaners available? Anything in particular?

Just curious.

Jeff
I was there last week to have issues with my right fender camera. I've had the camera replaced three times before. Latham service replaced the cable and the camera. Both have been working fine since then.

A week later I got my tires changed at a local shop. The tire technician immediately noticed a noise coming from the front end which turned out to be a wheelbearing. This noise was apparent to me when I dropped it off at the Latham service center. However I thought it was just the winter tires.

The service technician in Latham had taken the car on a fifteen plus minute test ride. He never mentioned that the wheel bearing was bad. I live in Vermont so that means a trip to back to Latham (3+ hours)or to Montreal to get the wheel bearing replaced.

The model y only has 26k miles!

I would love to call Latham NY Service Center directly with this issue. But there's no way to find their phone number.