Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center Holiday (MLK) Hours and Emergency Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if the Sodo service center is open on Monday 1/16 (MLK day)? Are any/all SCs open MLK day? Also, has anyone had any experience bringing their cars in without an appointment?

I got a message last week in my model 3 that a HV battery issue was detected and to schedule service (but that it's ok to drive). Came totally out of the blue without hitting anything or with any other warning. I sheduled service at the SC in Bellevue for Fri 1/20 since that was the next available time slot... they already quoted me that it would require the HV battery to be replaced (under warranty).

However, on Friday I got an additional error that the car was unable to charge. I'm also noticing that I'm loosing ~20mi of range per day (under normal scenarios I loose 1mi at most) and even not driving for a week I'm honestly not sure I'll be able to get to Bellevue on Fri. I'd like to take it in tomorrow morning but was curious if anyone here has had any experience with dropping off their cars without an appointment or knew there hours.

Does anyone know if the Sodo service center is open on Monday 1/16 (MLK day)? Are any/all SCs open MLK day? Also, has anyone had any experience bringing their cars in without an appointment?

I got a message last week in my model 3 that a HV battery issue was detected and to schedule service (but that it's ok to drive). Came totally out of the blue without hitting anything or with any other warning. I sheduled service at the SC in Bellevue for Fri 1/20 since that was the next available time slot... they already quoted me that it would require the HV battery to be replaced (under warranty).

However, on Friday I got an additional error that the car was unable to charge. I'm also noticing that I'm loosing ~20mi of range per day (under normal scenarios I loose 1mi at most) and even not driving for a week I'm honestly not sure I'll be able to get to Bellevue on Fri. I'd like to take it in tomorrow morning but was curious if anyone here has had any experience with dropping off their cars without an appointment or knew there hours.
If you have an appointment, there is probably a message thread going in the app. You should message them now and explain what's going on and you might get a message in the morning (or Tuesday morning. I'm not sure if they are open on MLK day or not).

If you don't hear from them, I think it's totally fine to drive the car in unannounced on Monday or Tuesday. Given that you cannot charge, they should be able to work with you as it's kind of an emergency. Unfortunately, it can be fairly difficult to reach someone over the phone so sometimes this is the best option.

One trick that works with Bellevue however is that you can call the automated phone number, select sales, and then ask the sales guy to transfer you to the service department. I'm sure they don't like it when you do this, but it's not our fault that they don't offer a valid method of reaching the service department by phone.

@PLUS EV Thanks for the advice! I will definitely do that. Yeah, when I've tried calling the SC in the past I've never gotten a reply and I didn't really want to drive down there and waste precious battery at this point if there was no chance getting in earlier so it's good to hear bringing it early could work. I'd forgotten about the message thread via the app though so will definitely try that route first.

So a couple of updates. I called the Sodo service center and spoke to both the Sodo and Bellevue service centers. When I've tried calling Sodo in the past I never was able to speak with anyone so while YMMV it seems like calling the SCs may actually now work. All service centers are also open on MLK day. Everyone that I spoke with was great and they were happy to have me come in today. Kudos especially to the Bellevue SC for getting me in and out (with a loaner) in like 20min. I also got a reply in the app basically saying the same thing but by that point I had already gotten through to them.

Reactions: PLUS EV