Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center in Naples?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Larry Chanin

President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts
Aug 22, 2011
Sarasota, Florida
The Tesla Careers web page now lists a Service Manager for Naples, Florida reporting to Dania Beach.

There is no indication when or if this will happen, but it supports the rumor of a "pop-up" sales and service location coming to Naples.

Larry

The Tesla Careers web page now lists a Service Manager for Naples, Florida reporting to Dania Beach.

There is no indication when or if this will happen, but it supports the rumor of a "pop-up" sales and service location coming to Naples.

Larry

A couple of months ago, the manager of the service center in Tampa told me that he had been assigned the task of getting a service center opened in Naples by the end of the year.

I am a new owner in Bonita and like the way you think. I have been told they are currently looking for space in Naples with a target of 6-8 months. I wonder if the pop up is referring to the Ranger who will be located in Naples and is currently being trained in Dania Beach.

Larry

I'm pretty sure this is coming soon, though I don't know why Tesla has not opened a Service Center in Sarasota since that is where A LOT of MS owners are located on the Gulf Coast.

I'm pretty sure this is coming soon, though I don't know why Tesla has not opened a Service Center in Sarasota since that is where A LOT of MS owners are located on the Gulf Coast.
Hi Mike,

Whereas for selfish reasons I would love to see a Sarasota Sevice Center, it is only about 55 miles to the Tampa Service Center from Sarasota.

In Naples it is 107 miles to the Dania Beach Service Center and 162 miles to the Tampa Service Center.

Both Naples and Sarasota are good Tesla markets. We have a store in Sarasota.

At this juncture it would make sense to open a Sales and Service Center in Naples, hopefully not far from I-75 and while I am wishing, maybe with a mini-Supercharger.

Larry

DJ,

I had the ranger at my place yesterday. I do not know where you are getting the info that there will be a service center up by year end. I was advised they are still looking for space. It would be almost complete if it were to open in the next month. Since we have no center within two hours it makes sense to have a ranger as there are lots of cars in the area. From a business perspective, Naples makes more sense to me than Miami. You already have two centers within a reasonable drive. If you have other info regarding the Naples center I would like to hear it.

Just my .02

Larry

A couple of months ago, the manager of the service center in Tampa told me that he had been assigned the task of getting a service center opened in Naples by the end of the year.

Sethm2, that's where I'm getting the info.

It is an absolute joke how they've teased a Miami Service Center location for almost a year now and now we hear that Naples will be up and running by year's end.

Hi Ethan,

I know that you have "Frustration" in your screen name, but don't you think that you are over reacting?:wink:

Wasn't it you that coaxed the information about the Miami Service Center out of a Tesla representative? If so, it's hardly fair to characterize any information that you received as a "tease" by Tesla.

We didn't actually hear that Naples will be up and running by year's end. Bill (sunkat) was told that was the goal. I know that it's hard to believe, but Tesla doesn't always hit their target dates. :biggrin:

Regardless, your information said a Miami Service Center might be opening at the beginning of 2016 and Bill's information suggested that a Naples Service Center had the goal of opening at the end of 2015. It's all good.

Regards,

Larry

During the sales process my Owner Adviser said not to worry about the new Ranger Transportation fees up to Tampa, that they'd be waived since a SC was coming to the area sometime in the future. Still trying to get them to put it in writing.

During the sales process my Owner Adviser said not to worry about the new Ranger Transportation fees up to Tampa, that they'd be waived since a SC was coming to the area sometime in the future. Still trying to get them to put it in writing.

Hi Scott,

I would be very surprised if ongoing Ranger fees were being waived.

More than likely what your Owner Adviser was trying to say is that a new Service Center will be located not too far from where you live. Therefore, you won't have to drive to Tampa or incur Ranger fees to Tampa for service in the future because it would be a short drive for you to go to a nearby Service Center.

Larry

The new service center in Naples replaced a door handle on my car last week.
Apparently this is a remote, or satellite extension of Dania Beach. The address is the same as a storage rental business. The technician came to me like a Ranger, I don't think we can take our cars to this Naples address. If it is something he can't handle in the field, he will arrange for the car to be taken to Dania Beach.
Buddy Hager is the Naples service technician. He was a certified master technician with Audi of Naples. He seemed very knowledgeable about the Tesla and confident in what he was doing. I was very pleased with the service. Below is a partial screenshot of my invoice. The bill was $0, no ranger charge to have this done in Naples.

tesla naples service.PNG

Hi Scott,

I would be very surprised if ongoing Ranger fees were being waived.

More than likely what your Owner Adviser was trying to say is that a new Service Center will be located not too far from where you live. Therefore, you won't have to drive to Tampa or incur Ranger fees to Tampa for service in the future because it would be a short drive for you to go to a nearby Service Center.

Larry

Larry, I was told something similar by the Service Advisor in Dania Beach recently. On the day of the recent club meet up at the Plantation supercharger grand opening, I asked the advisor at Dania Beach if he knew anything about when a service center would be opening In Naples. He told me that until Naples service center opens, Naples & Bonita would not be charged ranger fees from Dania Beach.

The new service center in Naples replaced a door handle on my car last week.
Apparently this is a remote, or satellite extension of Dania Beach. The address is the same as a storage rental business. The technician came to me like a Ranger, I don't think we can take our cars to this Naples address. If it is something he can't handle in the field, he will arrange for the car to be taken to Dania Beach.
Buddy Hager is the Naples service technician. He was a certified master technician with Audi of Naples. He seemed very knowledgeable about the Tesla and confident in what he was doing. I was very pleased with the service. Below is a partial screenshot of my invoice. The bill was $0, no ranger charge to have this done in Naples.

View attachment 163401

I also ran into Buddy last week. He was driving a chevy van towing a tesla trailer with a model S strapped down. I played "ambulance chaser" and followed him to a parking lot where I got to look at how they secure a telsa to a trailer. He was delivering the vehicle from the Dania Beach Service Center to a customer on Captiva. He was very cordial and answered a bunch of my Tesla questions. He could not confirm any future service center rumors. He did confirm he is based in Naples and does a lot of ranger type repairs. A good guy to have in our SW Florida area.

Larry, I was told something similar by the Service Advisor in Dania Beach recently. On the day of the recent club meet up at the Plantation supercharger grand opening, I asked the advisor at Dania Beach if he knew anything about when a service center would be opening In Naples. He told me that until Naples service center opens, Naples & Bonita would not be charged ranger fees from Dania Beach.

This is exactly what I was told during a test drive at my office. They refuse to put it in writing though, or clarify if its for all situations or just some.

This is exactly what I was told during a test drive at my office. They refuse to put it in writing though, or clarify if its for all situations or just some.
Hi Scott,

It sounds like they are initiating a temporary and unwritten policy to assist in selling cars to the important Naples area market. In retrospect it makes a lot of sense to temporarily waive Ranger fees until a full service Naples Service Center is operational especially since they apparently have a technician positioned locally.