Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center : is this normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3 days ago, I got the replace 12V battery notice. Scheduled service thru the app an hour later. 2 days later, right on time, the mobile serviceman shows up completes the job in 20 min. Also checked my tire pressures and changed my cabin air filter (my add on).

Could not have been any easier. I know not everyone has this level of service, but kudos to the Sarasota SC.

Reactions: SO16
Thanks for all the replies.
why tesla doesn’t just implement the Uber of mobile mechanics. Get third parties certified with some insurance to do diagnostics and just the minor repairs.... it would at least help diagnose before getting to the SC if needed. 50%+ of the fixes seem like they are a 20 min fix.... 90% of the time, cars seems to be at the SC for at least 2/3 day even with an appt. makes no sense.

even if they had to charge some nominal fee for the Visit, I’d do it at this point.

Same reason Tesla (and Apple) resists full blown 3rd party shops from operating - they want to retain control over everything, even if that means not doing a very good job in the process.

I am looking forward to the cottage industry growing around here to provide better service after my car is out of warranty. And/or maybe access to the diagnostic software myself to troubleshoot faults.

Normal is that you drop off your car when you are supposed to. (appointment time).
They will text you when it has been checked in and being serviced.
They will text you when it has been completed and include an invoice.
You will arrange for payment and go to service center to pick up your car.
It is elegant, efficient and cost effective for them.

They do not want to do tons of chit chat back and forth. Have additional items you want handled outside what you made an appointment to have addressed.

They have very limited loaners due to covid liability and expense/hassle of deep cleaning between every user. Also additional exposure to Tesla employees. Mostly they just want you to bring a pick up driver or they will gratis supply you with Uber/Lyft credits.

They do not have a fleet of Model 3/Ys sitting around as loaners as there is a long waiting list of customers for every car they can produce.

Customers tend to want additional items addressed, even though Tesla might not have the necessary parts or a technician familiar with your issue sitting around with nothing else to do. They do not want to deal with customers wanting to negotiate repair pricing, how an issue is being addressed, or specifics of a repair. They are not very touchy-feelies.

They do not want to adapt to your personal issues of wanting your car washed, it done when it is convenient for you to pick it up, how you need to stay late at work, how your car compares to others, if you can have your current car upgraded to some of the later offerings etc.

Reactions: electricar
You know, at times the mobile service and texting is just awesome and better than others out there.
But there are times when it fails.
People remember and are influenced by the failures. Just human nature. And I am pretty sure a majority are not impressed with the 2021 standard of service.
Doesn't mean there aren't examples of great service. Just like many of our cars are perfectly reliable and rarely need service.

You know, at times the mobile service and texting is just awesome and better than others out there.
But there are times when it fails.
People remember and are influenced by the failures. Just human nature. And I am pretty sure a majority are not impressed with the 2021 standard of service.
Doesn't mean there aren't examples of great service. Just like many of our cars are perfectly reliable and rarely need service.

Mobile service is
Can Uber credits be used for Uber Eats? Dinner, courtesy of Tesla?

Haha i tried. It doesnt work

• Informative
Reactions: SabrToothSqrl