Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello guys! I’m new to the Tesla family! Just picked up my MY performance white about 4 weeks ago now. Had a few issues that my sales advisor told me to set up via app for service. Which I did. My Appt was pushed back due to part availability (charge port door). When it finally came in I dropped my car off. Also there were two other issues , discoloration on the rear black trim and lift gate alignment. Car was there for 10 days. Told me charge port door was in spec but sticks out significantly(see attached pic). They adjusted the tail gate but still is not flush and visually objectionable, and the discoloration trim was replaced but in doing so the rear small window had to be replaced. While they were removing the trim they scratched a part of the windshield pillar which they put touch up paint on. After replacing the trim my main door seal now is not on right and has some gaps where water can get in. They have scheduled a mobile rep to repair that. While adjusting the tail gate the tech put a 8 inch cut in the rear seat trim which they have order parts to repair. After all this I go to pick up my car and found car was coated with hard water spots due to it being parked near the sprinklers. I asked about it and they told me no one there to clean the cars while there are two techs polishing cars for delivery....

looking for advice with this!
Afraid to wash the car due to the door seal concern and just overall upset with the whole situation..

Attachments

• AA1170A9-1A67-4B3F-8893-FDA8E9313614.jpeg
    AA1170A9-1A67-4B3F-8893-FDA8E9313614.jpeg
    262.2 KB · Views: 118
  • 27BEDDBF-2B21-4A59-A49A-0DCA326D52A6.jpeg
    27BEDDBF-2B21-4A59-A49A-0DCA326D52A6.jpeg
    264.9 KB · Views: 90
  • 7CEA4F5A-F4CF-4A5D-85AC-EA948E9ACE9B.jpeg
    7CEA4F5A-F4CF-4A5D-85AC-EA948E9ACE9B.jpeg
    340.8 KB · Views: 103
  • BE6E218B-461E-44E4-91C0-D519AFE231BF.jpeg
    BE6E218B-461E-44E4-91C0-D519AFE231BF.jpeg
    647.3 KB · Views: 85
  • EBB6430C-D04B-4379-945B-FB0FFF573CD2.jpeg
    EBB6430C-D04B-4379-945B-FB0FFF573CD2.jpeg
    325.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 9C41E4CB-A1AF-4506-8FA7-0271CE8627DB.jpeg
    9C41E4CB-A1AF-4506-8FA7-0271CE8627DB.jpeg
    520.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 818F177F-2B02-4A96-AB1A-78E2C52A3148.jpeg
    818F177F-2B02-4A96-AB1A-78E2C52A3148.jpeg
    375.8 KB · Views: 90
  • Informative
Reactions: techmagnetic
With Tesla, you have to be persistent and vocal. Especially since the only way to talk to service is through the app/messaging (which is freaking bat sh*t). I got mine back from service last week and had dirt all over my white seats, a used face mask in the front passenger footwell, and a dark stain on the seat I had trouble getting out. I walked back into the service center and wasn't shy to tell them my thoughts on that.

The service centers need to start being more attentive to details and focus on customer service.

Reactions: mcirish
I appreciate it! My advisor was trying to tell me they didn’t cause the scratch cause they didn’t do work in the area but when I asked how they would of even gotten the quarter window out without removing the trim she backed off...
Did they do anything for you? I’m not looking for anything extra. Just to fix the issues like they are supposed to be. She kept referring to “Tesla spec” but come on some things are just visually objectionable!

the same way they make you sign the loaner agreement about no pets or returning it clean. Same should apply for our cars!

I assume there is no way to escalate the issue or get evidence of what the “actual” specs are for different items?

I think the quality control folks are made up of Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles and Andrea Bocelli. When I picked my Y up on the 30th of March and pointed out some issues, I got the usual BS of within spec. My DS had to go look at other Ys before he noted a couple of them. He also took my phone off me and amended the service ticket stating that a paint issue was noticed when I got home, which is a complete and utter lie. I will be writing to Elon's office regarding my less than stellar experience. I'm not after any compensation, I want them to step up their customer service.

I won't be shy in telling the service department exactly what I think and I'll be asking for an explanation as to the actions of the DS. With the advent of social media, I think people have forgotten the art of writing letters. As much as I love Tesla, I think they need a large boot up the backside to get their act together and I believe more people should be writing to Elon's office. Maybe when his office gets overwhelmed with mail, they may actually start taking some notice.

I appreciate it! My advisor was trying to tell me they didn’t cause the scratch cause they didn’t do work in the area but when I asked how they would of even gotten the quarter window out without removing the trim she backed off...
Did they do anything for you? I’m not looking for anything extra. Just to fix the issues like they are supposed to be. She kept referring to “Tesla spec” but come on some things are just visually objectionable!

the same way they make you sign the loaner agreement about no pets or returning it clean. Same should apply for our cars!

I assume there is no way to escalate the issue or get evidence of what the “actual” specs are for different items?
I had some questionable panel gaps at my Dec 2020 pickup, called them out to SC and they said they were within spec. I asked what that even means and they said it has to be 5mm either direction of spec.

Regarding my most recent visit, they haven't done anything or followed up with me. Honestly they don't care. Tesla's mission is to move vehicles and service is most likely near last on the list. That sounds salty, which it is. I'm a big Tesla fan, but not a blind fan like so many others I've seen.

Reactions: mcirish
I had some questionable panel gaps at my Dec 2020 pickup, called them out to SC and they said they were within spec. I asked what that even means and they said it has to be 5mm either direction of spec.

Regarding my most recent visit, they haven't done anything or followed up with me. Honestly they don't care. Tesla's mission is to move vehicles and service is most likely near last on the list. That sounds salty, which it is. I'm a big Tesla fan, but not a blind fan like so many others I've seen.
I was told by a different location to mine that within spec is 6mm. I asked them to show me the written spec and they're not able to do it. To me, it seems Tesla folks just make it up as they go along.

You are not being salty, you're being a realist, As much as I like Tesla and being a shareholder, I won't sugar coat it when it comes to dealing with BS and that applies when dealing with anyone. I will always be polite, but I won't take the crap and I will escalate it up the totem pole.

Hello guys! I’m new to the Tesla family! Just picked up my MY performance white about 4 weeks ago now. Had a few issues that my sales advisor told me to set up via app for service. Which I did. My Appt was pushed back due to part availability (charge port door). When it finally came in I dropped my car off. Also there were two other issues , discoloration on the rear black trim and lift gate alignment. Car was there for 10 days. Told me charge port door was in spec but sticks out significantly(see attached pic). They adjusted the tail gate but still is not flush and visually objectionable, and the discoloration trim was replaced but in doing so the rear small window had to be replaced. While they were removing the trim they scratched a part of the windshield pillar which they put touch up paint on. After replacing the trim my main door seal now is not on right and has some gaps where water can get in. They have scheduled a mobile rep to repair that. While adjusting the tail gate the tech put a 8 inch cut in the rear seat trim which they have order parts to repair. After all this I go to pick up my car and found car was coated with hard water spots due to it being parked near the sprinklers. I asked about it and they told me no one there to clean the cars while there are two techs polishing cars for delivery....

looking for advice with this!
Afraid to wash the car due to the door seal concern and just overall upset with the whole situation..
Hello fellow Patel!

I pick up my LR MY in March 2021 and had similar issues. The main issues were panel gaps and couple of paint issues. Your charge port was/is similar to mine, I got the run around saying it is in spec. I compared to other MY on the lot and mine was sticking out way more then the others and demanded it being adjusted properly. The second service tech appointment was able to do a little more adjusting. In terms of the rear passenger side tail light, it is a common misalignment I have seen through many MYs compared to the driver's side. The service team would not adjust them because it was of course in spec...