Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center - Knoxville, TN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nashville is way too far away, 183 miles from my house to the service center (1641 Westgate Cir, Brentwood, TN 37027).

Asheville (~125) or Chattanooga (~104) either way it's a long drive from Knoxville for me. Chattanooga would be closest but ultimately there will have to be one in Knoxville.

I can't see myself driving 100+ miles each way for service on a car that will likely take several visits in the first year.

That's a factor in why I haven't reserved a Model 3 yet.

Last edited:
Seems like they are bound to get one in Knoxville before too much longer. I've started seeing a few Model S's in the area and at least one Model X. They are bringing my model S tomorrow on a flatbed truck from Nashville and the driver called and said they are delivering another one to a house a couple miles from mine. Seems like Tesla would be remiss if they ignored the Knoxville area much longer. People here clearly want these cars.

Seems like they are bound to get one in Knoxville before too much longer. I've started seeing a few Model S's in the area and at least one Model X. They are bringing my model S tomorrow on a flatbed truck from Nashville and the driver called and said they are delivering another one to a house a couple miles from mine. Seems like Tesla would be remiss if they ignored the Knoxville area much longer. People here clearly want these cars.

Got a picture of a Tesla on a flatbed today, TN tag ends with 2E4. Could that be yours? Looks pristine so I assumed it was a new delivery.

I can post the picture when I get home tonight if you are curious

Got a picture of a Tesla on a flatbed today, TN tag ends with 2E4. Could that be yours? Looks pristine so I assumed it was a new delivery.

I can post the picture when I get home tonight if you are curious
Might have been a return from a service visit?

They took mine on a flatbed and delivered me a loaner in this manner, then brought me another loaner in the same way (original loaner had temp tags expiring).
This might also play into your decision about not getting a Tesla until there's a service center nearby. If they jsut pick your car and deliver a loaner like that - I probably don't care all that much how far away the service center is (though it would be convenient to be able to swing by whenever).

They took mine on a flatbed and delivered me a loaner in this manner, then brought me another loaner in the same way (original loaner had temp tags expiring).

This might also play into your decision about not getting a Tesla until there's a service center nearby. If they just pick your car and deliver a loaner like that - I probably don't care all that much how far away the service center is (though it would be convenient to be able to swing by whenever).

I know they can do that, the question is will they charge me to do so and will they give me an EV as a loaner when they do?

As to payment see 12v battery died 250 miles from SC making me pay for 150 mile towing where the service center was making people pay when the tow is more than 50 miles and adjusted that up to 100 miles. There have been other threads complaining about loss of ranger service or other long range service issues. I'm not ready to say that after Model 3 ships out we won't see more issues with remote service/overloaded service centers.

On loaner cars just read any of a hundred threads on here where someone ending up with a gas car as a loaner.

Distance to the service center will only address one of those two issues but since I have more than one car it's the one I'd be more concerned about. Especially so if my spare car is a Nissan Leaf.

And adding more service centers will address not only the distance to me, but also the ratio of cars on the road to service centers. I know we are getting more cars, I want to see more service centers.

I know they can do that, the question is will they charge me to do so and will they give me an EV as a loaner when they do?
Well, at least for everything you write in the due bill they would (I also asked for it to be part of the due bill).

As to payment see 12v battery died 250 miles from SC making me pay for 150 mile towing where the service center was making people pay when the tow is more than 50 miles and adjusted that up to 100 miles. There have been other threads complaining about loss of ranger service or other long range service issues. I'm not ready to say that after Model 3 ships out we won't see more issues with remote service/overloaded service centers.
The warranty paperwork I have says 50 miles tow is only for flat tires, for car problems free tow is 500 miles (to nearest service center).
That said - ranger service is not free, but I take it that's for out of warranty stuff, if the car is not starting up - that's certainly on them in my view.

On loaner cars just read any of a hundred threads on here where someone ending up with a gas car as a loaner.
For critical stuff indeed they might not have any loaners on hand. If you can schedule your visit for later then I don't see why not.
That's why my first visit was scheduled 10 days out - to ensure they have bay space and a Tesla loaner.

And adding more service centers will address not only the distance to me, but also the ratio of cars on the road to service centers. I know we are getting more cars, I want to see more service centers.
I totally agree, if there's a service center in Knoxville, that would be great.
I am just relaying to you my current experience with a far-away Service Center - same one you would have been using if you had Tesla now.

Hey Guys, firing this thread back up. Just ordered a Model 3. Beyond major service, where do you plan to get tires installed, etc? I've always just went to the dealer for that stuff, and now I won't have one.

If you are getting tires off of tirerack.com and are far enough west to make it convenient I'd use European Auto Garage on Lovell Road.

But if you are dealing with warranty work (and/or want to keep the OEM tires) you'll have to have it towed to the Service Center or wait for mobile service to come to you.

I haven't verified this for Model 3 tires but on S/X the OEM tires are Tesla specific with better specs than the same brand/style that isn't Tesla OEM (tirerack does carry the Tesla OEM version). You can still find better retail tires, I'm just saying be careful about buying replacement tires and be sure you don't get a different cars OEM tire.

Hey Guys, firing this thread back up. Just ordered a Model 3. Beyond major service, where do you plan to get tires installed, etc? I've always just went to the dealer for that stuff, and now I won't have one.

Discount Tire:
IMG_0285.jpg