Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center - Knoxville, TN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it's any indication of things to come Sears WTM has been doing clearance going out of business sales. They've dropped the percent off a few times and started selling the furniture/fixtures to empty the store as much as possible.

Presumably the Sears and the Sears Auto Center will both be available for rent/lease in 2019.

Following this thread. I'd really like to see a location open in Knoxville. I've got family in the Pigeon Forge area who I'd love to see get into a Model 3, but with no local service center that's a tough sell.

No skin in this game as I live in Atlanta (multiple service centers) although I’m about to move to Charleston, SC which is a Tesla ghost town (no supercharger, no service center, no retail store). Curious though, have any of you tried Tesla’s mobile service? I tried it once for a tire rotation just to get the experience and I was quite pleased. For things like adjusting headlights it seems mobile would be just as convenient (if not more so) than a visit to a service center.

FWIW I am pretty disappointed in the lack of service center build outs over the last 2 years. True I haven’t really needed them much, but I still think Tesla should have a service center located in every top 100 (by population) city in America. Given the continued sales success of Model 3 and the likely greater success of Model Y beginning H2 next year, I would think Tesla needs to address service center locations very soon.

I'm chiming in from Colorado where we do have multiple service centers, but yes I've used mobile several times, for everything from fixing a broken side mirror to swapping out winter tires. It's a great service and people should use it most of the time.

But for some things, you need a 'real' location with a lift, etc.

No skin in this game as I live in Atlanta (multiple service centers) although I’m about to move to Charleston, SC which is a Tesla ghost town (no supercharger, no service center, no retail store). Curious though, have any of you tried Tesla’s mobile service? I tried it once for a tire rotation just to get the experience and I was quite pleased. For things like adjusting headlights it seems mobile would be just as convenient (if not more so) than a visit to a service center.

FWIW I am pretty disappointed in the lack of service center build outs over the last 2 years. True I haven’t really needed them much, but I still think Tesla should have a service center located in every top 100 (by population) city in America. Given the continued sales success of Model 3 and the likely greater success of Model Y beginning H2 next year, I would think Tesla needs to address service center locations very soon.

My concern is the break in period where I'd have a fix list for a newly made car with QC issues. I'm hundreds of miles away from any Tesla brick and mortar so I'm not keen on rejecting a hauled in car or taking it and then being so far away from the place that can fix it.

Sure some things can be done in my driveway or at the parking lot at my job. But if x% of end of quarter deliveries have issues and thousands of people in Knoxville order one then x% of them are going to wish they were closer to a service center.

I've read a variety of threads detailing poor delivery experiences that required a service center visit to fix one or more items. Some that I would reject outright even if a service center was near, some that I would be willing to work through if a service center is near.

It's not a deal breaker on it's own as I know I'm playing the odds and I'd likely get a car with no major issues if I order at the right time in the quarter and pay a bit more (not taking advantage of a free upgrade for accepting an inventory vehicle or some sort of mid quarter price shift). But added to the other concerns it does weigh on my mind and makes me hesitant to pull the trigger on an order.

The Sears at West Town was demolished today. Any additional news on this? The old Sears was the rumored location for a new Tesla Service Center.
Well I was under the assumption it would be the Auto Center, not the actual attached mall store. The Auto Center is still up and still for lease. My understanding is that owners are asking too much for the financials to work for Tesla.

upload_2020-9-25_13-36-24.png

I posted this in the investor forum but the mods there think anything that isn't a direct discussion of todays stock price is off topic.

-----QUOTE="dhanson865
OK so it's post battery day and the new car pricing and specs did not change. (I was wrong, I expected a change)

So I've been on the fence bout buying a Tesla since 2018 (with much desire to join the club since the early S60 days back in 2012) a big chunk of what I've been waiting on that I didn't think would take this long to happen is for this void to be filled
upload_2020-9-24_21-19-43-png.592031

There isn't a service center or store within 200 miles of me unless I have an aircraft to fly there and back. As the crow flies Atlanta, Nashville, and even Charlotte are all under 200 miles from my house. But in terms of driving over mountains or plateaus it becomes more challenging to just hop in a car and drive there (distance, time, and charging). Heaven forbid they try to give me a gas car loaner or uber credits. I just don't have faith that in the life of a new car warranty I won't need to get my car to the service center. And I don't want to have to stay in a hotel for the time of the repairs/upgrades or to have to make two long range trips to swap cars.

How big of a company does TSLA have to be before they put something in the center of this gap?

a lesser issue but still high on my hesitate to buy it reasons list is the lack of a heated steering wheel. I can grab a used 2012 Leaf for under $5k that has a heated steering wheel but I can't get a Model 3 at any price with one.

Anyway if I put an order in TSLA wants me to drive to Nashville to pick it up. Two people that worked in the same office building with me have already made that trip but they live closer to Nashville than I do.

So what's the catalyst that will push TSLA into opening more service centers. Do I have to wait for the TX factory to open before they expand stores/service centers again in the US? Or do you think TSLA will leave this gap for the foreseeable future?
-----