Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center - Knoxville, TN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Scuttlebutt is that the Knoxville location's lease has been signed and construction will begin soon. Source: through-the-grapevine mention in a local FB owner's group, seen by a relative of mine.

Would love to see something concrete here if anyone's in the know.

• Informative
Reactions: Rb48888
Local ranger said that everything's signed indeed (and he was allowed to talk about it to customers), BUT this is a third or 4th time I hear about a service center opening so while this time it definitely progressed further than before and I am cautiously optimistic, I am going to fully believe it only once it actually opens.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: Zaxxon and Rb48888
Glad to hear Knoxville is going to happen. Seems it’s at a similar stage of development as Savannah, GA as both are imminent and should open soon. Local Tesla employees openly discussing these locations is a good sign they are happening near term. Let’s hope this is a sign of a great expansion of Tesla’s service center network. They certainly have enough cash on hand to open many more locations, and as deliveries continue to ramp up more locations will be needed.

@dhanson865 I completely understand your hesitation to buy a Tesla until there is a Knoxville service center. In my case I wouldn’t hesitate, as I am about to take my Model 3 in for a 100k mile checkup and this is literally the first time I have needed a Tesla service center. Still, I understand your hesitation. HOWEVER, I will tell you that your concern over the lack of a heated steering wheel is unfounded. I had a Leaf before my Tesla and it was a nice feature on cold days. But with my Tesla, I can open my app and turn the heat on 5 minutes before getting in the car so not only is the steering wheel warm, the entire car is. IMO the heated steering wheel is now totally unnecessary.

It hasn’t been officially announced, but Tesla is currently in the process of building a new Service Center in Knoxville, TN! Crews are already working to build out the former Sears Auto Center at the West Town Mall.

I uncovered this info on a contractor bidding portal, and wanted to share the discovery. The plans are extensive, showing the full scope of the project which includes:

- Building modifications and signage
- Vehicle “showroom” for up to 4 vehicles
- Service Center
- Customer Lounge
- v3 Superchargers

You can see the specs here:

It hasn’t been officially announced, but Tesla is currently in the process of building a new Service Center in Knoxville, TN! Crews are already working to build out the former Sears Auto Center at the West Town Mall.

I uncovered this info on a contractor bidding portal, and wanted to share the discovery. The plans are extensive, showing the full scope of the project which includes:

- Service Center
- Customer Lounge
- v3 Superchargers

Online Plan Room | LDI Line

Reactions: MarcoRP

- Service Center
- Customer Lounge
- v3 Superchargers

Looking over the plans (electrical and parking lot):
I only see
1x SUPERCHARGER, Listed as a V3 (but only 155kW at 480V)
11x Wallchargers (10.5kW/56.0A/208V).

Local ranger said that everything's signed indeed (and he was allowed to talk about it to customers), BUT this is a third or 4th time I hear about a service center opening so while this time it definitely progressed further than before and I am cautiously optimistic, I am going to fully believe it only once it actually opens.

I've been going by that location regularly and I see lights on some nights and off others but there is no signage other than the "space available" sign that's been there for years now. Absolutely nothing I've seen driving around the building or the lot shows any sign anything is happening.

I've been going by that location regularly and I see lights on some nights and off others but there is no signage other than the "space available" sign that's been there for years now. Absolutely nothing I've seen driving around the building or the lot shows any sign anything is happening.

I've been going by afternoons, someone on reddit just sent me this ( https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotor...inally_coming_to_knoxville/gnm9f48/?context=3 )

I asked when it would open and they said April.

ACtC-3cuOgT-ASyXekLe1OTLGq4J23ymY-N4U-xbbRPXjgzMPbbOU7DKnq88Gvsi7LRc9XnyB8Z6KRjFBCHCllliQ_cqFWnEQn1UnZ1DVq_I-Q6oHU5Cr-gZ62qcjwa3N7eppnhY7UhUQmoL4p-4ayXWHc61=w1738-h869-no

Can I add to your list?

* MX Refresh deliveries

I’ve mentally rehearsed picking up my first Tesla in Nashville for so long (years), that my brain will be confused if it gets delivered at West Town instead.

I’d probably drive it to Nashville and back just to be safe. ;)

There is a Tesla Parts Depot in Louisville, KY. It has a roof, but is only used for part logistics for mobile techs -- no service or sales at that location. Hopefully you will get more than we in Kentucky did.

- Service Center
- Customer Lounge
- v3 Superchargers

I took some photos today of the Building in West Town Mall. The Building looks finished except for signage, but the inside is still under construction. There are not any superchargers installed yet.

Attachments

• Knoxville Tesla Service Center Building Rear Left 29210321.jpg
    Knoxville Tesla Service Center Building Rear Left 29210321.jpg
    863.5 KB · Views: 38
  • Knoxville Tesla Service Center Building Rear Right 20210321.jpg
    Knoxville Tesla Service Center Building Rear Right 20210321.jpg
    447.2 KB · Views: 35
I took some photos today of the Building in West Town Mall. The Building looks finished except for signage, but the inside is still under construction. There are not any superchargers installed yet.
the building is finished because it's a preexisting building, right?

I am not sure where the idea that there are going to be superchargers at West Town Mall location came from?

the building is finished because it's a preexisting building, right?

I am not sure where the idea that there are going to be superchargers at West Town Mall location came from?
Re: pre-existing building - Yes
Re: Superchargers - I think people think that because Nashville has them

if you examine the plans, there is only 1 Supercharger (and 11 HPWC/10kW).
I wonder if the Supercharger will even be available to the public....

Yeah that building has looked like that for a decade or more. They didn't do anything to the outside other than remove old signs and patch holes in the walls were they removed prior signage.

Reactions: TNGuy99