Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center - Knoxville, TN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3E2537E4-1A05-4C54-A015-9973DBCFC930.jpeg

Attachments

• B2E247FF-EDDA-4AE5-BE44-9C181F4E6248.jpeg
    B2E247FF-EDDA-4AE5-BE44-9C181F4E6248.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 47
  • 10F3303E-ED41-40CC-B928-B2C42EF929C0.jpeg
    10F3303E-ED41-40CC-B928-B2C42EF929C0.jpeg
    493.9 KB · Views: 47
  • F22D928F-C09C-400A-9F4A-31A9CE374551.jpeg
    F22D928F-C09C-400A-9F4A-31A9CE374551.jpeg
    981.1 KB · Views: 45

lists the service center on the map and shows hours, no mention that it isn't open so I guess service is open but sales isn't.

also no mention of the supercharger location as a coming thing (not mentioned as coming or in construction yet).

Last edited:
Reactions: Rb48888 and TNGuy99

1624163182493.png

@BlueShift Is there a thread for this that you know of?

and to be clear this thread is about a different location that has 2 supercharger stalls that should be opening any day now, you could add an in construction pin for the superhcargers at the Knoxville Service Center.

Last edited:
Just went past. Nothing huge to report. the building is all closed up. I did run into another Tesla owner in the lot who said he already had some service done, so it looks as if it is at least partly open for service. Curious if anyone has seen a Y in the lot? Only car in the lineup I did not notice Parked out there.

Just went past. Nothing huge to report. the building is all closed up. I did run into another Tesla owner in the lot who said he already had some service done, so it looks as if it is at least partly open for service. Curious if anyone has seen a Y in the lot? Only car in the lineup I did not notice Parked out there.

I saw Ys there a few weeks ago the lineup there has been shifting from week to week. I think cars are coming in and out of there as customers order them.

Stopped by today to see what’s happening and have minor news. They are open (soft open people have commented on) for service (I was told to request service on line), but it will be a little while before they have sales running. My sense is that the traffic we’re seeing in the lot is service (for sure as I talked with someone picking up their car) and training (?). Here’s a pic from the inside

Attachments

• 18662604-AE60-4CCD-A1EC-8536110C275B.jpeg
    18662604-AE60-4CCD-A1EC-8536110C275B.jpeg
    323.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 20CFBEBA-9DB2-4A12-B67F-866B39B2AC53.jpeg
    20CFBEBA-9DB2-4A12-B67F-866B39B2AC53.jpeg
    266.4 KB · Views: 44
I just rode by there. There are several cars in front as others have stated but most have license plates (some Tennessee, Some California). They mostly look like they are already owned (tinted windows). I took a few pictures of the two superchargers and six destination chargers and the power equipment but not sure if I can post them from my phone.
I asked them about all the Tesla’s in the parking lot and they said they were ”loaners.”

• Informative
Reactions: TNGuy99

View attachment 675438

@BlueShift Is there a thread for this that you know of?

and to be clear this thread is about a different location that has 2 supercharger stalls that should be opening any day now, you could add an in construction pin for the superhcargers at the Knoxville Service Center.
I wonder if those telsa.com "Find Us" Superchargers that have a "Target opening in Q4 2021" are actually the Superchargers at the new Service Center...

So you are saying the gray pins on the telsa.com "Find Us" page mark the location of the upcoming Supercharger location?

Yes, take a look at this one near Nashville Find Us | Tesla

If the pin were just the nearest downtown that one wouldn't be at that exit, it would be several miles to the east in the downtown area.

Now it is possible that someone slapped a pin in downtown Knoxville without carefully placing it. But I have no reason to think they did so for the 2 pedestal location at the service center when that is already on the map with an accurate pin.

https://www.tesla.com/findus?v=2&bo...rs=supercharger,service&location=knoxville216

I'm assuming there will be something actually downtown Knoxville replacing the temporary charger that used to be at Calhoun's on the River.

Yes, take a look at this one near Nashville Find Us | Tesla

If the pin were just the nearest downtown that one wouldn't be at that exit, it would be several miles to the east in the downtown area.

Now it is possible that someone slapped a pin in downtown Knoxville without carefully placing it. But I have no reason to think they did so for the 2 pedestal location at the service center when that is already on the map with an accurate pin.

https://www.tesla.com/findus?v=2&bo...rs=supercharger,service&location=knoxville216

I'm assuming there will be something actually downtown Knoxville replacing the temporary charger that used to be at Calhoun's on the River.
I noticed that Nashville gray pin as an exception because there is a Nashville, TN - Charlotte Pike Supercharger that opened in May 2021, and that gray pin says "Q2 2021". Plus compare the actual locations of the two, they are about 1/2 mile apart (as the crow flies).

Most of the other gray pins seem to locate to "City Center". As evidence, the Crossville, TN is "City Center" but forums members have identified the location as somewhere else. Same for Fair Play, SC, forums members find the location somewhere else.

Have you seen this that used to be downtown Knoxville? It was open from late 2020 to early 2021 and had 4 plugs/stalls.

Would seem odd to remove that for even less plugs/stalls at the service center well west of there and leave the north and east side of Knoxville underserved.

They did add a pigeon forge Supercharger since then but that doesn't help the I75 North or I-81 or I-40 east routes.

Still need something like

* a supercharger east of the knox county border (I-40 exit 398 (Strawberry Plains pike), exit 407 (near Kodak), or exit 417 (Dandridge / hwy 92)

These locations serve I-81 Northeast, I-40 east, and traffic into Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg south of I-40 (heaven forbid the pigeon forge location be overcrowded or out of service).

* a supercharger north of knox county at I-75 exit 122 (Clinton) to serve the I-75 North route into Kentucky.

I'm willing to accept that the gray pin downtown isn't accurate but I'm not willing to accept that the 2 plugs at the service center counts as a new location given the need further east.

Now if they toss a bunch (at least 6) in the parking garage at west town mall across from the service center I'd call that a new location worth putting on the map in Q4 2021. I'm just not that fired up for 2 plugs hidden behind the service center.

Last edited:
On Tesla's map, the red pins (i.e. operating locations) are in the exact location. The grey "coming soon" pins are NOT. With very rare exceptions, they are just placed on the city name. That pin west of Nashville is one of the very rare exceptions where this didn't happen. In Knoxville's case, it just means that Tesla will build a supercharger somewhere in Knoxville, not at that specific location in Knoxville.

On Tesla's map, the red pins (i.e. operating locations) are in the exact location. The grey "coming soon" pins are NOT. With very rare exceptions, they are just placed on the city name. That pin west of Nashville is one of the very rare exceptions where this didn't happen. In Knoxville's case, it just means that Tesla will build a supercharger somewhere in Knoxville, not at that specific location in Knoxville.
Great, we moved past that part of the conversation hours ago in posts 111 and 112. Would you like to move forward from my last post 113?

You know the post where I started discussing where it needs to be, and what changes have happened in the supercharger sitiuation in Knoxville in the last year or so.

Last edited:
Great, we moved past that part of the conversation hours ago in posts 111 and 112. Would you like to move forward from my last post 113?

You know the post where I started discussing where it needs to be, and what changes have happened in the supercharger sitiuation in Knoxville in the last year or so.
In a thread about the coming Knoxville Service Center, discussion of whether the pin on Tesla's Find Us map could correspond to the serivce center and the equipment on site is relevant. Discussion of the general supercharger situation in Knoxville or other area locations you'd like to see superchargers is entirely off topic. If that's what you want to talk about, find an appropriate existing thread or start a new one.

• Disagree
Reactions: dhanson865
In a thread about the coming Knoxville Service Center, discussion of whether the pin on Tesla's Find Us map could correspond to the serivce center and the equipment on site is relevant. Discussion of the general supercharger situation in Knoxville or other area locations you'd like to see superchargers is entirely off topic. If that's what you want to talk about, find an appropriate existing thread or start a new one.

My comments about where one is needed comes in to play if you assume the pin was dropped on Knoxville with no regards to where the site will be built.

If you want to discuss the accuracy of the gray pin you can't do so without considering alternative explanations unless you just want an echo chamber.

Again I ask you to make a constructive post here.