TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Service Center - Lynnwood, WA (Upcoming)

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by acarney, Dec 30, 2019.

1. acarney

acarney Active Member

#1 acarney, Dec 30, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2020
    • Like x 1
  2. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

It's not too far out of the way for me, so I can take a look later tonight. Doesn't really look like a supercharger location to me though. I see the Seaview dealership on the map, but no idea which "pub" they are talking about here: "FROM DRIVEWAY ENTRANCE TO SEAVIEW DEALERSHIP, NORTH TO DRIVEWAY ENTRANCE TO PUB. ON EAST SIDE OF HWY 99. LOCATION IS MARKED IN WHITE PAINT."

Is there any word about a Tesla service center in Lynnwood? If anything, this seems like the type of location for that.

• Informative x 1
  3. acarney

acarney Active Member

I was thinking this was an odd location for a supercharger as well, and it's not that far from the existing one. However, I haven't heard about any service center locations other then Renton... and I'm a little surprised they would have to trench for electrical if there was an existing building that Tesla was moving into... unless this is for superchargers/destination chargers for service center use...

4. Tacoma Dave

Tacoma Dave Member

I was told by the Seattle Service Center people that there would be a Renton and an Lynwood Service Center replacing them when they shut-down. Not sure of the exact location though.

5. Seattle Tom

Seattle Tom Member

I agree with PlusEV. I didn’t think it was real, but my guess is this is the Lynnwood Service Center (and not a Supercharger).

When I think about it, is kind of crazy. I’m sure many of us have complained about service waits from time to time. Is this company INVESTING in service options? Wonderful!

If true, this is great news for the many owners coming on board as Seattle was too small to be helpful, but Lynnwood, Bellevue, and Renton-sized Service Centers will really help with the load when the Model Y launches in Q2. And they will cover customers throughout the region pretty well. Fingers crossed!

6. Kuhz

Kuhz Active Member

My $$ is on a service center

7. acarney

acarney Active Member

8. Kuhz

Kuhz Active Member

Right across from MB :p

9. swoozle

swoozle Member

Out of curiosity, does anyone know exactly where this is going? I see Northwest Auto Rebuild and Truck Builders tucked behind Country Pho House. Is it taking that lot or is Seaview Buick GMC going away?

10. swoozle

swoozle Member

To answer my own question, the address shows as what looks like the old the Seaview GMC service building. That'll be interesting. A pot load of Tesla's in the same parking lot as a big GMC dealership and right across the street from the Benz dealership.

11. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

Just starting a thread for this so we can get people to stop posting about it in the Lynnwood supercharger thread :)

Supercharger - Lynnwood WA

• Like x 2
  12. swoozle

swoozle Member

The location Lynnwood SC.png

13. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Now maybe we can get the mods to move the posts about the recently discovered permits from that thread into this one.

• Like x 1
  14. Kuhz

Kuhz Active Member

@Doug_G
    @bmah
    ?

15. bmah

bmah Moderator, Model S/X, California Forums

Reporting a post (which someone did, thank you) with a note with what action is needed, scales a bit better than tagging moderators, but done. :)

Bruce.

• Like x 4
  16. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Thank you Bruce!

17. Kuhz

Kuhz Active Member

Thanks. Will keep in mind.

18. Kuhz

Kuhz Active Member

Stopped by and took some pics. Looks like they started some demo work inside. This is a really nice building with a huge office (circled in red) space and 16 bays (circled in blue) in the back. Not a lot of parking around the building though.
    F3BE9643-99E1-4326-A093-9A6341416314.jpeg 0DC4D652-7788-41C2-9222-7E80999FCCEF.jpeg 3F4DAAD8-FB9B-447A-8397-22C3977AB2C6.jpeg B54B4219-1F9D-4177-9EA9-F9316F3FA9DA.jpeg 1A79AF90-E5DC-4916-9CA5-B6D50B1C093F.jpeg

• Like x 3
  19. ChrisH

ChrisH Active Member

20. Arkved

Arkved New Member

I just scheduled for service, and when asked where I wanted service I selected SoDo. When the reservation came back, it said Seattle-Lynnwood. I live in Everett. The appointment is for 02/05/2020. I will have to confirm with Tesla, but it sounds like maybe this location is now open? or will be opening in February?

• Informative x 8