Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center - Mechanicsburg, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SabrToothSqrl

Dec 5, 2014
PA
6458 Carlisle Pike
Mechanicsburg, PA 17050

248035000_1049478292554376_3325396006318940921_n.jpg

Reactions: jtsai1031
Tesla needs to lobby PA to allow them to inspect their own cars without investing in obviously unnecessary emissions testing equipment. You can buy beer at the supermarket now....you should be allowed to get your Tesla inspected at a Tesla service station. It's such a pain finding a place in PA to get your Tesla inspected.

Tesla needs to lobby PA to allow them to inspect their own cars without investing in obviously unnecessary emissions testing equipment. You can buy beer at the supermarket now....you should be allowed to get your Tesla inspected at a Tesla service station. It's such a pain finding a place in PA to get your Tesla inspected.
Vehicle safety inspection stations in PA are not required to have OBD emission testing capability. There is no legal barrier keeping Tesla service centers from becoming certified and performing safety inspections. Tesla chooses not to. You can get your Tesla inspected at any and all safety inspection stations in PA. Inspection stations cannot refuse to inspect a vehicle unless they have reason to believe the process of inspection would endanger the inspection personnel. If your Tesla inspection gets refused you need to report the inspection station to the appropriate authorities. Google and read "PUB 45" to learn about PA safety inspection regulations.

I drove past Monday night and it looks ready to open. I reached out to an SA at Devon about moving my delivery to Mechanicsburg. He wrote back that Mechanicsburg isn’t open yet due to licensing issues with the state
I drove by this morning on my way to the office. A guy was working outside on a lift. I didn't have time to stop and ask any questions. Hoping they open soon and I can change my delivery location too.