Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

service center on Vancouver island??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is so badly needed it's not even funny. By my estimate there are thousands (hard to say how many thousands) of Tesla's in the greater Victoria area. This really doesn't needed to be an expensive Capital project for Tesla. A small two bay Garage would be a huge start!

According to an insider I've talked to, Tesla has no plans for a service center. They are looking at one for Kelowna before even considering one on the island.

• Disagree
Reactions: Casmium and Ocelot
Most definitely unofficial, but I recently heard they were planning in increasing Mobile Service in some ways for the island. Definitely a response to the number of owners there. That said, I heard nothing about a full service center. I complain about what I'd have to do to get to and from the SC where I live... island is so much more of a pain in that regard.

@MexiCanuck The CHAdeMO adapter was fantastic for Vancouver Island when we went around, and will help you north of Nanaimo as well as over to the west side of the island if you ever want to head out there.

Reactions: Ocelot
Most definitely unofficial, but I recently heard they were planning in increasing Mobile Service in some ways for the island. Definitely a response to the number of owners there. That said, I heard nothing about a full service center. I complain about what I'd have to do to get to and from the SC where I live... island is so much more of a pain in that regard.

@MexiCanuck The CHAdeMO adapter was fantastic for Vancouver Island when we went around, and will help you north of Nanaimo as well as over to the west side of the island if you ever want to head out there.

Yes, I use my CHAdeMO adaptor in the Comox Valley, Campbell River, and at Buckley Bay rest stop on those rare occasions when it is working.

I would really like to see some fast charging in Powell River and Port McNeill, and more than one option in Port Alberni.

How busy are the chargers out in Tofino?

Chademo charger is going in in port McNeill (BC Hydro) but unsure of the timeline for completion.

on service. There is now an island-based mobile tech. For the longest time all mobile techs would come over from Vancouver for a couple of days of appointments.

Service seems really responsive and very helpful in my experience.

Just wondering if anyone has made the drive from campbell River to port hardy on 1 charge with the model 3 standard range plus. Think it’s rated for 400km but factor in slightly faster driving than city driving at 100km/hr on average will drain the battery faster.

Just wondering if anyone has made the drive from campbell River to port hardy on 1 charge with the model 3 standard range plus. Think it’s rated for 400km but factor in slightly faster driving than city driving at 100km/hr on average will drain the battery faster.

abetterrouteplanner.com says an SR+ at 90% in Campbell River will make it with 14% left to Port Hardy in 15C rainy weather driving at 110% of the posted speed limit.

After using ABRP a fair bit on the island and in the US, I trust it a lot as long as you input realistic parameters. If it's colder than that or if you have some very heavy rain, trying to get there might leave you stranded.

Last edited:
There isn’t a service center east of Quebec despite there being thousands of Tesla’s here either.

Talking with our local Ranger, it seems that Mobile Service is working better than the service centers are for Tesla in general.

Well about six months ago, our driver side door would not close. It was a few days shy of a month before we could get service. No loaner of course. Now we have another door issue, and a low coolant code. Despite not even having the option to book a remote service, as the app kept redirecting to Vancouver, (which is a day off work/travel and goes against current COVID recommendations) I had a previous email from mobile service. They got back right away- 10/10 points for that! Scheduled me , another 10/10, but again its over three weeks away (3/10). I have inquired if I can drive the vehicle with the low coolant, then the time is not so bad, and waiting to hear back. However all in all Vancouver Island continues to have a very high density of Tesla's, and they need to increase service here as soon as possible, or else risk losing significant market share once there are more options available (not by me, but for the masses who do not hang out on this forum ).

They are staffing the Victoria Service Center [URL='https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/associate-service-manager-victoria-at-tesla-2402773228?refId=45c6ec83-43e0-467b-863c-7e58c078706b&trackingId=%2BpMIapP0dTy1yg0y8T%2Bt1A%3D%3D&trk=public_jobs_topcard_title&originalSubdomain=ca']https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/associate-service-manager-victoria-at-tesla-2402773228[/URL]

Well about six months ago, our driver side door would not close. It was a few days shy of a month before we could get service. No loaner of course. Now we have another door issue, and a low coolant code. Despite not even having the option to book a remote service, as the app kept redirecting to Vancouver, (which is a day off work/travel and goes against current COVID recommendations) I had a previous email from mobile service. They got back right away- 10/10 points for that! Scheduled me , another 10/10, but again its over three weeks away (3/10). I have inquired if I can drive the vehicle with the low coolant, then the time is not so bad, and waiting to hear back. However all in all Vancouver Island continues to have a very high density of Tesla's, and they need to increase service here as soon as possible, or else risk losing significant market share once there are more options available (not by me, but for the masses who do not hang out on this forum ).

Victoria EV club says that Tesla’s search is still on. “Tesla has cancelled their announced purchase of the former Volvo dealership at the corner of Douglas and Hillside as their Vancouver Island sales and service location. A search for a new location is underway. No reason was provided for the change.”