TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Service Center Recommendations

Discussion in 'New England' started by mikevbf, Dec 14, 2015.

1. mikevbf

mikevbf Active Member

There always seems to be a lot of discussion about super charger locations and very little about service center locations. Even on TM's website you have to go through a super charger tab to navigate to a map of service centers:
    Tesla Store, Service Centers and Chargers
    Other than a service centers in lower CT it seems all of New England is serviced by the Boston service centers. How is this working for people? If TMs was to put another service center in New England where do you think it would best serve the expanding number of Tesla Motor owners?

I live in Southern Vermont near the Brattleboro super charger. I would vote for a service center somewhere in the Springfield, Ma, Hartford, Ct area.

2. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

You don't have to go through the supercharger tab to get to the service center list. Just click "find us".

3. mikevbf

mikevbf Active Member

I am bringing this thread back to life after today's announcement that Tesla will add 100 to the 150 service locations to accommodate for Model 3 expansion. I made my votes in the opening post for places that have reasonable size populations. After places like that have service stations, I would love to see a service station in a place like Northampton, Ma which is not as big as Hartford or Springfield, but even more convenient to Southern VT. When that happens I will consider the service network truly mature as it will mean a lot of the smaller population centers will have service centers just like the other big name auto brands, but hopefully a lot better than them.

4. chjch

chjch Member

I really hope the Seekonk, MA Supercharger station ends up being a place for service. One employee in Dedham told me he dreams of the Cinema being converted to a Service Center.

5. tga

tga Supporting Member

I expect something in southern NH (Nashua - Bedford). They need a location outside of MA where residents of northern NE states with sales tax rates lower than MA (ie, VT, NH, ME) can take delivery. If they come pick up the car in MA, Tesla is required to charge MA sales tax, so Tesla is currently doing home delivery for buyers in those states. But that doesn't scale for volume production of the 3.

• Like x 2
  6. RDoc

RDoc S85D

I agree with somewhere in S. NH to service North of Boston and Northern New England. Watertown is hugely overcrowded and Dedham is pretty slammed, leading to long wait times for an appointment.

7. aronth5

aronth5 Long Time Follower

With Beverly and Lynfield Mass both listed as "coming soon" Supercharging locations and less than 15 miles apart, I would expect one of those sites would also be a service/delivery center. Lynfield probably makes more sense since it is in between interstates 95 and 93 so easy access from multiple directions.