Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center Recommendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mikevbf

Feb 11, 2012
vermont
There always seems to be a lot of discussion about super charger locations and very little about service center locations. Even on TM's website you have to go through a super charger tab to navigate to a map of service centers:
Tesla Store, Service Centers and Chargers
Other than a service centers in lower CT it seems all of New England is serviced by the Boston service centers. How is this working for people? If TMs was to put another service center in New England where do you think it would best serve the expanding number of Tesla Motor owners?

I live in Southern Vermont near the Brattleboro super charger. I would vote for a service center somewhere in the Springfield, Ma, Hartford, Ct area.

I am bringing this thread back to life after today's announcement that Tesla will add 100 to the 150 service locations to accommodate for Model 3 expansion. I made my votes in the opening post for places that have reasonable size populations. After places like that have service stations, I would love to see a service station in a place like Northampton, Ma which is not as big as Hartford or Springfield, but even more convenient to Southern VT. When that happens I will consider the service network truly mature as it will mean a lot of the smaller population centers will have service centers just like the other big name auto brands, but hopefully a lot better than them.

I am bringing this thread back to life after today's announcement that Tesla will add 100 to the 150 service locations to accommodate for Model 3 expansion. I made my votes in the opening post for places that have reasonable size populations. After places like that have service stations, I would love to see a service station in a place like Northampton, Ma which is not as big as Hartford or Springfield, but even more convenient to Southern VT. When that happens I will consider the service network truly mature as it will mean a lot of the smaller population centers will have service centers just like the other big name auto brands, but hopefully a lot better than them.
I really hope the Seekonk, MA Supercharger station ends up being a place for service. One employee in Dedham told me he dreams of the Cinema being converted to a Service Center.

I expect something in southern NH (Nashua - Bedford). They need a location outside of MA where residents of northern NE states with sales tax rates lower than MA (ie, VT, NH, ME) can take delivery. If they come pick up the car in MA, Tesla is required to charge MA sales tax, so Tesla is currently doing home delivery for buyers in those states. But that doesn't scale for volume production of the 3.

Reactions: chjch and mikevbf
With Beverly and Lynfield Mass both listed as "coming soon" Supercharging locations and less than 15 miles apart, I would expect one of those sites would also be a service/delivery center. Lynfield probably makes more sense since it is in between interstates 95 and 93 so easy access from multiple directions.

Bringing this thread back alive again due to Elon's latest tweet:

ElonTweetService.png

Given that I live in southern VT, I would like a closer service center as I have stated in my previous post.
Larger population areas like Springfield, MA and Hartford, CT which are closer to me than Boston deserve it first. After that, a place like Northampton, MA would be great. Another area I see as reasonable and definitely more convenient for me would be the Hanover/Lebanon NH area. Not much more convenient to me, but definitely deserving of a service area is the Albany, NY area which despite not being in New England would help people in SW New England which have a real slog to go south toward the NYC area or over to Boston. All of the places I have listed have populated surrounding areas and the distance to the Boston/Watertown service centers is way longer than from the Southern, NH or North Shore, MA areas.

Reactions: Dan_A