Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Center refuses to change tires due to bad alignment - Resolved

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The OP also said the tires were worn right down to the cords when (s)he noticed the problem. Uneven wear should have been noticed a LOOONG time before the tires were worn to the threads.

The problem is that the uneven wear we're referring to is only about a 30 mm area on the inside shoulder of the rear tires. It's very hard to see without getting down on the ground and looking or sticking a tread depth gauge on the shoulder grooves. The majority of the tread looks fine, so if you don't keep a close eye on that inside bit the first time you're likely to be aware of it is when the cords show through.

As suggested, I contacted consumer ownership department and described exactly what the problem was. It seems that it got resolved almost in the matter off two-three hours. Service center probably needed confirmation from "regional". I believe they were specifically told not to replace the tires about a month ago, so that was the probably reason they couldn't do it right away.

Exactly as my experience, you need to go higher up the chain.

I'm still struggling with alignment...too early to report results...but have another Tesla "fix"...need to still talk to my local mechanic as he does not think it is going to be enough...and another alignment check in 2K miles by Tesla gratis.

As suggested, I contacted consumer ownership department and described exactly what the problem was. It seems that it got resolved almost in the matter off two-three hours. Service center probably needed confirmation from "regional". I believe they were specifically told not to replace the tires about a month ago, so that was the probably reason they couldn't do it right away.